03 • Samba

Diana Penty as Roshni Kabra^^
Fawad Khan as Neel Kabra^^
●○●

Diana Penty as Roshni Kabra^^Fawad Khan as Neel Kabra^^●○●

《Short Recap》

Roshni texted back immediately, 'Neel and I can hang out till four. What are you thinking of doing?'

We finally decide to go to the mall because window shopping and raiding the game arcade there were or all time favorites.

Finishing my coffee in a single gulp, I shuffled hurriedly to my room to get ready. My body still hurt because of my weightlifting session yesterday but the pain was more bearable now.

After a quick shower, I pulled on the first hoodie I could find and paired it with the pair of jeans at the top of my clothes pile.

Hastily, I penned down a short note for Vinay.

'Will be out the entire day. Might come back late. ~Akira'

I stuck the note on the fridge and headed out.

●○●

"So Akira, you're officially a part of the hostel gang. About time you joined though," Roshni gushes, as we exited the bowling alley, "You have absolutely no clue what you've been missing out on."

I shake my head at her childish glee.

"It's actually not the college hostel. I'm staying in a small flat that I share with my roommate." I explain, as the three of us find a table in the crowded food court of the mall.

I didn't have a vehicle, so Roshni and Neel had picked me up on the way and we'd driven up to the mall a couple of blocks away. We'd spent the entire afternoon in the bowling place.

Honestly, my bowling aptitude was close to nil but the two of them had been going at it like pros and their competitiveness made it rather to fun to watch as they constantly bickered with each other.

"It's pretty much the same thing. All the flats in that building have been rented out to students of our college. You only need a warden to convert that place into a full fledged hostel." Neel shrugged.

"Yes, and I'm so happy," squealed Roshni, "Wait, I think I already mentioned that didn't I?"

"I guess that was like the millionth time." Neel replied.

Ignoring him, Roshni continued excitedly, "Now you can join us on our late night ice cream escapades and while breaking into that skyscraper near college."

"That is one thing I am not doing, so don't even try to drag me along." I raised my finger, " You're lucky they haven't checked their CCTV footage recently, you dumbass."

"You remind of my grandmother, Akira. Someone really needs to teach you to go with the flow." She said, rolling her eyes.

Roshni and Neel lived in the actual college hostel although their parents lived in the city. They wanted their freedom and the idea of living without any attached strings appealed to them. They would go home on alternate weekends and that worked out perfectly for the family so who was I to say anything about their arrangement.