46 • Queasy Wreck

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

My face lit up with an enormous grin and I asked, "I'm a supernova?!"

"Ugh, fucking kill me already," he groaned, burying his face in his hands, "If you're going to tease me just get done with it."

Laughing, I leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"No, I absolutely love it and I'll probably frame it for my great grandchildren to see." I said.

"Ugh..."

●○●

I entered the stuffy auditorium of our college feeling antsy as I searched the large expanse of the room for Neel and Harsh.

I cast a fleeting glance at my watch, before whipping out my phone and texting them that I'd already reached.

Professor Murthy had decided that all the app design teams should have the opportunity to present their innovation to the entire batch. The event was apparently organized to help us hone our soft skills and basic entrepreneurship.

To say that I was gripped in a last minute bout of stage fear was an understatement. Public speaking had never ever been my forte and my stomach was swarming with a million butterflies, caterpillars, and their dormant cocoons.

I drew in a shaky breath as I sat down and wringed my fingers in my lap, mentally going over my rehearsed lines. With every passing second, it felt like I was forgetting another sentence of my explanatory speech. Harsh, Neel and I had spent too much time and effort on DantelSoft to have the entire thing to blow up in our faces because I couldn't deliver a few lines coherently.

Get a grip of yourself Akira!

I was so immersed in worrying about presentation that I didn't notice Vinay sneaking up behind me from the upper row. I jumped in my seat as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into as back hug before placing his face in the crook of my neck and muttered a raspy good morning.

"Morning." I replied with a quiet huff, "Why on earth are you so cheerful today? It's annoying."

Vinay jumped over the seat into my row and plopped himself down next to me.

"Let me guess," he said, "You're worried about your presentation."

I looked at away and remained silent.

"Ok, that bad?" he asked.

Before I could say anything, Neel sauntered up to us confidently.

"Hey guys." He greeted us zealously before asking me, "You have the backup of the presentation right?"

I nodded with a weak smile plastered on my face.

Neel gazed at me for a couple of seconds before asking with a knowing look, "Again?"