21 • Later, Skater

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

P.S: I wrote this on one of the days that I was gone. I thought you might want to read it. Please don't say anything when you see me after reading this. Good night...

My gaze lifted to his closed door and my eyes teared up.

Oh Vinay!

●○●

Time rushed past in a hurried flurry. Professors at college were being absolutely brutal and had been dishing out assignment after assignment and scheduling tests like a couple had intercourse when they were trying for a freaking baby. They were freaking relentless.

To top it all off, the bug I had found in the TYCHE system kept slipping out my reach every time I got within hair's breadth of it.

So I was immensely grateful when Sunday rolled in to pull me out of my misery momentarily.

Vinay had been very sweet the last few days after his outburst at the road side eatery, much to my surprise. I'd expected him to go back to being a recluse and brood over himself. He did come home later than usual on some nights and I suspected that he'd been drinking away his woes but I did not say anything.

He needed to clear his head and figure out his shit himself; at least understand that ultimately he was the only person who could actually help himself.

I lay lazily in bed, snuggling against my quilt as a half witted cuckoo screamed for her mate from the tree outside my window. It had rained the previous night, a passing shower before the Monsoon bid farewell and the October heat started setting in, and the comforting smell of damp mud hung gently in the air.

Music started playing from the kitchen and a delicious aroma wafted into my nose. I closed my eyes for one last time before rolling out of bed humming a random tune as I headed to the bathroom.

"What's cooking?" I asked, trying to get a look at the contents of the pan on the stove.

"Well, good morning to you too Pooh," Vinay flashed me a lopsided grin, "I'm actually experimenting with my culinary skills."

"Well, despite how wonderful it smells I don't think you should eat it then. Poison is always delectable, until it kills you." I shook my head, gathering my hair into a messy bun.

"Good thing you're my labrat then." He chuckled.

"What?!" I raised my brow.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we should start eating together. We've been living under the same roof for almost three months now and we still eat separately." Vinay said, turning to sauté the dish he was preparing.

Gosh! Now that I thought about it, it did seem rather odd that we ate alone. Imagine the amount of mechanical power loss.

"Cool, less work for me to do." I agreed, "By the way I have a study date with Neel and Harsh at three so I'll be out for the second half of the day. Can you umm...pick me up at around seven thirty-ish?"