30 • Starlight And Illusion

^^ the above song contains explicit language so do not listen to it if such kind of language makes you uncomfortable.

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

I plopped down onto the couch and opened a random page, just in time for Vinay's door to click open. He stepped out with a towel around his neck, his hair still wet from the shower swept to one side.

"Hey beautiful!" He grinned elfishly. 

I looked up from my book, and returned his smile, "Hi."

"Well, I'll just grab my keys and wallet and I'll be out in a second."

"Take your time," I shrugged my shoulders, waving a hand, "I'm ready when you are."

In that moment I didn't realize the weight of those words.

●○●

The cool wind hummed steadily in my ears as we rode against it. My heart was thundering against my ribs, my breath shallow as I looked around at my surroundings in anticipation.

Vinay took a sharp left and hit the highway.

He'd brought a large duffel bag with him and strapped it onto the side of the bike. He wouldn't tell me what was inside it or where we were going for that matter. The only thing I knew was that we were heading out of the hubbub of the city.

Despite the fact that I hated being kept in the dark, the suspense was making me feel heady and excited.

The sky was clear now, the grey clouds from earlier in the morning had disappeared completely, and the gibbous moon shined brightly like the prima donna of the heavens above.

After about fifteen kilometers in the wide lanes of the NH-4, Vinay took a bypass and exited the highway. This road led into a slightly forested area, a warning sign saying it belonged to the government and that trespassers would be prosecuted.

Ok, is this a joke or something?!

The area looked pretty deserted and I certainly did not want to have dinner with a million insects crawling up my back. I'd spent too much time getting ready for the evening to boil down to a stupid campfire.

"Uh, Vinay are you sure you know where we're going?" I leaned forward and asked.

"Of course." He nodded, "Why?"

"No, nothing." I replied, shaking my head slightly before blurting, "I don't want to have some kind of campfire date in the forest. If that's what you've planned, I'd suggest we turn back and go to some restaurant on the highway. I'll pay, don't worry."

Vinay guffawed, his shoulders shaking as he glanced at me through the rearview mirror and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"What?" I asked, my lips curling into a frown.