41

Chapter 41: Because

I walked out of his office, I still can't believe what just happened. I'm still filled with rage and anger.

"Mam...okay lang kayo?" Dad's secretary asked, lumapit ito sa akin at inabutan ako isang bote ng tubig. Kinuha ko ito sa kanya at binuksan ito para inumin.

"Thank you" I said, I was about to leave when she tapped me on the shoulder, I looked back on her and saw her smile at me.

Her smile was comforting. It was sweet and warm. It reminded me of how my mom used to smile at me. It reminded me of how my mom used to smile at me and hug me whenever I feel sad.

It almost made me want to cry.

"Do what your heart says, not what others want iha. I hope that helps" She said smiling and it was really kind of her to say those things.

"Thank you po" I said and smiled back at her

I left and walked out of the office. I looked back at the building. This building started my hatred for my father. This building was the start of it all.

Would my life be normal if this never existed? If I was never rich? What would have happen?

"I'll never go back here, ever again" I swore to myself

This is it Kalirea. You're finally free, you are no longer controlled. This is your life now, not your dad's or anyone else.

I don't need him. I don't need his surname. I will live my life away from the business, the fame, everything!

I want to live just like anyone else.

But to think about it...how will I face Marco now?

He's probably angry at me. He's mad at me for saying those things. Alam kong nasaktan ko siya. I feel so guilty about it.

But he's better off without me. He can live without me. He can be happy with someone else.

I saw a park nearby and I decided to roam around the park. I just need to think, I have to think about what I should do. I know that there will always be disadvantage at everything. Eventually, I will have to fix the mess I've created. Eventually, I'll have to pick myself up again.

I can't stay like this forever.

What do I even do after this? What do I tell other people? How would they react?

How would I be able to live after this? Should I continue working? Should I still live in my condo? Should I continue this life that I'm currentlty living?

I'm sick of this. I'm sick of my lifestyle. I'm tired of living in a condo, I'm tired of living in the city. I'm tired of being surrounded by people.

But I can't leave my friends. They'll be sad if I go.

Sa lahat ng decisions ko lagi kong sinasama ang mga kaibigan ko. They're like my real family.

I was aimlessly walking around when I saw a big water fountain in the middle of the park.

But what catched my attention was the man sitting by the water fountain, It was Marco.

My feet began walking towards him, I didn't know what I was thinking. Why am I walking towards him?

He looked up and saw me. Agad siyang napatayo and for a second I thought he was going to hug me. Pero akala ko lang pala.

"Lira, anong nangyare?" Tanong niya sa akin

Di ba siya galit sa akin?

"Marco...I'm sorry" Sabi ko

"Marco, please sundin mo nalang si dad. Take the 10 million, please" Pakiusap ko sa kanya

"Kalirea! Bakit mo ba sa akin ginagawa to!?"

"Marco, para to sa pamilya mo. Ayokong mapahamak ka at ang pamilya mo. Ayokong gumulo ang buhay mo. You don't know what my dad will do if you don't accept it. Baka saktan niya kayo" I pleaded

"I've already come this far for you and you're telling me to give you up?!" He yelled at me

I'm sorry Marco

"Marco, I'm doing this for you. Please, ayokong may masamang mangyare sayo" I won't be able to forgive myself if something happens to you and your family.

"Kalirea aren't you tired of this?! Bakit ka nagsunod sunuran sa daddy mo?! He's controlling you! He's using you! Aren't you tired of that? Di mo man lang ba ipaglalaban yung karapatan mo bilang isang tao? Your right to chose?" Marco said, ramdam ko ang galit sa bawat salita niya. Ramdam ko ang sakit na nararamdaman niya.

Marco, you know I'm tired of this. I already fought for it. But I don't want you to get hurt.

"Marco, stop it. Just take the 10 million, it will make your life easier, your family will be happy, you'll be able to pay your debts. Marco, just take it." I said

"Is that what you think of me Kalirea? Hindi ako mukhang pera! I would choose you over anything in the world. Oo, sasaya nga ang pamilya ko pero paano naman ako?" Marco said

"All this time puro ang pamilya ko ang iniintindi ko, so paano naman ako? Paano naman yung sarili kong kasayahan?" Every word he spits out is making my heart hurt.

"Do you think I would be here if I chose my family over you? Nandito na ako Kalirea, ayoko nang umatras pa. Let me fight for you" Marco said

Why are you doing this to me?

"Marco, ayoko. Don't risk your life for me." I pleaded

I know for sure that if Marco does this, I know my dad will do something.

Like what he did back then to scare Miles off and send him abroad.

I don't want the same thing to happen to Marco. I don't want him to be in this mess. I want him to be happy.

He's my best friend after all.

Yeah, keep telling that to yourself Kalirea. Continue lying to yourself.

"Kalirea, you told me. You told me that every decision that we take will impact our lives. You told me that the small things will lead to a bigger outcome." Marco recalled. His face looked serious, this is no longer the Marco I used to joke around with. He's dead serious, looking at me straight into my eyes.

"Kalirea, my decision is to stay with you" He took a step closer to me, with each step my heart starts pounding like crazy.

"You can't do that! You can't! Marco please stop this!" I begged, I'm losing my mind.

"So that's it? You're going to just stay still? You're not gonna fight for it? Kalirea ayaw mo ba? Ayaw mo bang ipaglaban kita?" He shouted

"Thats not it! Ayaw lang kita masaktan! Ayaw lang kitang mapahamak!" I cried

"Kalirea, di mo ba gets? Pinapakiusapan na ako ng magulang ko, ng mga kapatid ko pero sa huli ikaw parin ang pinipili ko! Giginhawa man yung pamilya ko, yayaman kami but sa huli ikaw pinili ko!" He snapped

"You know what, pwede naman eh. Pwede ko namang gawin yung utos ng tatay mo. Pwede namang sundin ko ang magulang ko. Pwede namang hindi kita piliin Kalirea. But I still did!" He shouted, his voice filled with so many emotions. I know for sure he was frustrated.

"Marco..."

"Kalirea, bakit kahit isang beses hindi ako ang piliin mo?!"

"Bakit ka ba ganyan?"

"Mahal nga kasi kita!"