CHAPTER 9

One year later...

Kiara's P.O.V

I was sitting in my office doing some paperwork when a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in." I answered, looking up. A guard entered then bowed.

"Your Majesty."

"What is it, Alaric?"

"Your Majesty, Chief Elder Rayna and Elder Maryse are here and would like to speak to you."

"Send them in." I sat up then, dropping the pen in my hands. Maryse and Rayna then after the guard entered. I stood to acknowledge them.

"Your Majesty." They both greeted with a bow.

"Elder Rayna. Elder Maryse. Please sit. (They nodded and sat down. I sat down as well.) Would you like some water or something else to drink?"

"No, thank you, Your Majesty." Maryse answered.

"Alright. So what brings you here today? I hope all is well."

"We've received reports that a group of rogues have been attacking a particular pack in California. The recent attack was two weeks ago. Several have been injured but fortunately none died." Rayna informed.

"Which pack is that? And why wasn't I informed of this earlier?"

"We only just heard from them two days ago. We sent a scout over there to check everything out. According to his reports, it appears the attacks are random and also this pack hasn't been trained all that well to handle situations like this. The pack security is also not good. The patrols usually slack on their jobs since they rarely experience danger even with these attacks." Maryse said.

"You still haven't answered my first question. Which pack is that?"

"The Shadow Pack, Your Majesty." Rayna answered. My eyes widened in shock.

"What?! What the hell is their alpha doing? Is he trying to get his pack wiped out? And what about his Luna? From what I heard, she's the head female warrior. So what the hell happened? What about the Beta and Beta Female?"

"Actually it was the Beta and his mate who came us and told us what was going on. As for the Luna, turns out she's not their Alpha's mate. She found hers who belongs to another pack and has now left so the pack is without a Luna." Rayna explained.

"You said the Beta and Beta Female came to you and reported what was happening? (They both nodded.) Are they still around or they went back home?"

"We told them to stay till you've been informed and have decided what to do."

"Where are they specifically? As in where are they staying till they go home? I want to speak to them."

"They're staying with me, Your Majesty. They had intended to go back home the same day they had come and had no plans to stay so I had to take them in till they went home." Maryse said

"Alaric!" I called out to the guard outside my office. He entered immediately.

"Your Majesty." He greeted. I ignored.

"Go to Elder Maryse's and bring the Beta of Shadow Pack and his mate here and send someone to get my sisters here when you get back immediately."

"Yes, Your Majesty." He said, then hurried out. I stood up and began to pace.

20 minutes later, my sisters entered with Raelynn and Alexander behind them. I asked the elders to excuse us.

"Alec, Rae, what the hell is going?" I asked immediately the elders closed the door behind them and they sat down.