CHAPTER 22

Nick's P.O.V

It's been three days since the battle. The Silver sisters have still not woken up after they passed out in the clearing after defeating their uncle. The doctor says they're all fine, just extremely exhausted from using their abilities, Kiara more so than her sisters due to her not eating and resting enough as well as another reason. I was still processing what the doctor had said about the other reason.

(Flashback...)

"Alexia, how are they?" I had asked the pack doctor after we had brought them into the clinic and she had checked them.

"They're fine, Alpha. They're just extremely exhausted from the battle and using their abilities, the queen more so than her sister due to her present condition." Alexia answered.

"Condition? Alexia, what are you talking about?" Raelynn asked from beside me. They had both help me bring Kiara and her sisters in.

"When I checked her, I noticed that her glucose/energy levels were very low. I think it's probably because she's not been eating and resting enough. And of course, because the baby's also using..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. I'm sorry, did you just say baby?" I asked.

"Yeah, I thought you knew. Her Majesty is pregnant with your child, Alpha. She's been pregnant for a month. That's the other reason why she passed out and also why she was bleeding from her nose. She had a slight aneurysm which was caused by her overexerting herself during the battle when she merged with her sisters to use their abilities. It caused a huge strain on her energy levels and body. So right now, her body and system are taking time to heal and restore her energy and also to keep the baby from dying so it might take some time for Her Majesty to wake up. The same with her sisters only without the whole pregnancy, baby issue. Other than that, they're all totally fine. They just need to heal. And before you ask, yes, the baby's also fine." Alexia explained and assured. I was in shock and still stuck on her statement, 'Her Majesty is pregnant with your child, Alpha,' though I heard everything else she said.

"Thank you, Alexia." Alec said.

"You're welcome. If you'll excuse me, I have some other patients to check on. See if you can wake him up from his shocked state." Alexia said directing her latter statement towards my current condition. Alec and Rae chuckled and nodded, thanking her once again. Alec led me over to a chair and sat me down.

"Hey, Nick. Snap out of it." He tapped my shoulder to bring me out of it.

"I'm going to be a dad. I'm going to be a father, Al." I said, looking up at him with a smile. He and Rae smiled back at me.

(Flashback over...)

I had her moved from the clinic to our room because I knew how much she would hate it if she would hate it if she woke up in the clinic. The door to out room opened just then to let Rae in.

"Hey, Nick. Kara and Korra are up."

"That's great, Rae. I'll be down in a minute to see them."

"She's fine, Nick. Her heartbeat is strong and so is the baby's. Her body just needs to get the rest it's been deprived of." Rae said to comfort me.

"I know. Let's go." I kissed Kiara's forehead then went downstairs with Rae to see Kara and Korra out of bed and hugging everyone. I waited till they were done before I hugged them as well.

"Hey, girls. Welcome back. We've really missed you." I said.

"Same. So I heard you let our cousins stay till we woke up." Korra asked.