CHAPTER 16

Kiara's P.O.V

After Kara left us, I went over and pulled Nick out of his chair and out of his office to the kitchen where I made us both sandwiches and he sat on one of the stools on the other side of the counter. As I did, we sat in silence till Nick broke the silence.

"You wanna tell me what's going on with you?" He asked.

"What do you mean? Nothing's going on with me."

"We both know that's not true. If it were, you wouldn't have snuck out at 3am in the morning to go back to the castle to your own personal gym without telling anyone."

"Can we please not have this conversation? We both saw how 'well' it went yesterday. So please just drop it." I set his sandwich on a plate in front of him. I grabbed a carton of apple juice from the fridge and began pouring the juice into two glasses for us.

"Babe, I'm not asking just because I want to know. I'm asking because I want to help you get through it." I stopped pouring the juice and slammed the carton on the counter.

"Nick! Please just drop the topic. I don't want to talk about it." I put the empty carton of apple juice into the trashcan before grabbing my own plate of sandwich.

"Ok. Ok. Let's talk about something else. Like these meetings you attended today."

"I will tell you about the first but the second... no way. Uh, uh. I wouldn't want you growling and breaking the beautiful drinking glass which currently contains your juice."

"Fair point but I still wanna hear about it."

"Well if you insist."

I then began to tell him about the meetings as we ate our sandwiches. After that, we went out for a walk behind the pack house into the woods, talking about random things till Kara called and told me she had done what I asked her to do.

"I have to go back to the house. I have some guests I have to attend to."

"And by guests you mean three certain rogues who incurred your wrath." Nick asked.

"You're only half right. Yes, it's 3 certain rogues but no they haven't incurred my wrath. I suppose I would call them 'family' if they get on my good side. If not, well, we'll just have to see."

"Ok. But before you go, dinner. Tonight. I'll pick you up at 7. Dress to kill." I grinned and stepped close to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Mm... Can I ask where we're going tonight? I mean if I'm going to dress to kill, I need to at least know where I'm headed to be able to select the perfect outfit."

"Sorry, but it's a surprise. Besides, I know whatever you select will be perfect. Now, off you go. I have paperwork to clear before our date." I nodded and pulled folded sheets of paper from the inside my bag which I was holding.

"Ok, but hold on, one more thing. Why do you have papers concerning a business enterprise belonging to my family?" His eyes widened as he took the papers from me to look at.

"What? Wait, what do you mean? This business belonged to a former head warrior of our pack, Arthur Wayland. He died sixteen years ago, when I was six. He didn't have any known family in the pack so the pack, more specifically, my father took control of the business when he died." He informed. I sighed and closed my eyes then opened them before responding.

"Arthur Wayland was my mother's father, my grandfather. My mother was Ophelia Wayland before she married my father."

"What?"