CHAPTER 12

"Your Majesty, you said you wanted to see the two of us." I looked up from my tablet to see Garret and Gia standing in front of the desk. I gestured to the chairs in front of the desk for them to sit.

"Yes, I asked to see you two. Now I want to discuss what went on this morning. Gia, do you mind explaining what that was over there?"

"Forgive me, Your Majesty. We've been on edge since the last attack. And our Alpha told us you and your sisters were here to help us get better so we can fight back and prevent the rogues from hurting anyone else again. But you and your sisters are doing nothing." Gia said.

"Gia..." Her brother warned.

"No, Garret. She needs to hear this. How the hell are those so-called endurance exercises supposed to help us improve our fighting skills? Huh? You call yourself our queen, yet you've done nothing to prove that. Where were you when we were attacked all those time? In your castle, hiding behind your guards like a coward while others risked their lives for you because you're the 'top dog', right?" Gia ranted. Her brother pinched his nose.

"You've got authority issues, Gia, did you know that? Do you know why I haven't had you punished yet? Because all that bullshit you were just letting flow out of your mouth was just that, bullshit. Pardon my language. Now you know what the punishment is for not recognizing the king or queen. I wonder what the punishment will be for insulting the queen as well. (I chuckled at the horrified expressions on their faces as they realized the impact of her actions. But I knew it was just an act.) Oh, you look so pale. Do drink something." I gestured to the glasses of juices set on the table. Gia grabbed one and gulped it down while Garret just sipped his slowly.

"Your Majesty, please forgive her. She's just on edge with everything that's going on." Garret said.

"Hmmm.... Well, we'll talk about that later. Now tell me, Garret, Gia, do tell me. When did you join this pack?"

"What do you mean, Your Majesty? We've been a part of this pack since we were born." Garret lied.

"Really? Where were you when I visited this pack 4 years ago?"

"Well, uh, um we...uh..." They both stuttered.

"I'm listening."

"We were right here in this pack, Your Majesty. Perhaps you didn't see us." Gia lied, her heart was racing fast as she spoke.

"Is that so? Alright then. Gia, sorry about that knife throw but you will hear from me concerning your insubordination and insults to me. Have a good day. Oh and please call in Beta Alec and his mate for me. You're dismissed." They both stood up and left the room. I smirked.

A few minutes later, a knock sounded on the door. I asked the person to come in. I looked and saw Alec and Rae standing there with a baby in Rae's arms. I stood up and walked over to them to take a closer look at the baby.

"Is this...?" I started to ask.

"Our son." Alec replied with a smile.

"He's so beautiful. What's his name?"

"Jonathan Christopher. We know it's a mouthful but we wanted to name him after both our fathers. But instead of saying all that, we could just call him Jace or JC."

"I think that's perfect. Can I hold him?" They nodded then Rae handed him over to me. I cooed at him causing him to smile up at him.

"Kara and Korra have already seen him. Before you start complaining about being the last to know, we were saving the best for the last, since you are his godmother." Alec said. My head snapped up to look at them in surprise.