CHAPTER 10

It was 3 in the afternoon when we got off the jet plane the next day in California at LAX. My sisters and I got our bags from baggage claim, placing them on two trolleys and headed to the waiting area where was waiting for us. I took as my sunglasses and hugged my best friend.

"Hey, guys. Whoa, check you girls out. Dressing to kill as always."

"Thanks, Rae. You look amazing too." Kara said as she and Korra hugged her.

"So shall we get going? I can't wait to see the look on Nick's face when he sees you, Kiara." Rae said.

"Let me guess you didn't tell him where you were going and asked Alec to cover for you in case, didn't you?" I asked with a smile.

"Yep. You know me so well." Rae said smirking.

"That explains why Alec isn't here with you." Korra pointed out.

"Yeah. We figured it would be less suspicious if I came to pick you guys up alone." Rae explained.

"Smart." Kara commented.

"So shall we get going?" Rae asked.

"Yeah, sure." We walked to Raelynn's car and put our things inside. We then set off for the pack house.

30 mins later, we arrived at the pack house. Alec stood outside waiting for us. I got out of the car and looked around a bit. Everything looked as it did 4 years ago. I zoned back in and went to hug Alec.

"Hey, Alec." I greeted.

"Hi. Shall we? He's in his office." He said. I nodded and followed him and Rae into the house with my sisters, leaving the luggage in the care. As we walked by, we were met and greeted by familiar faces and a few unfamiliar ones who recognized us.

"Hey Rae, Alec. Where are former Alpha and former Luna Mendez? I thought by now we'd have met them." Korra asked as we climbed the staircase up to the fourth floor.

"The year before Kiara was crowned queen, they left to travel. Something they hadn't really gotten the chance to do when they were alpha and luna because of their duties." Alec explained.

"That's great. They really deserve this vacation after taking care of the pack for more than 20 years." Kara said and I agreed. Soon we reached the fourth floor. Alec and Rae led us to the 3rd door on their right, which I assumed to be Nick's office. I stopped Alec from knocking and asked him to open the door. Inside the office we saw Nick standing behind his desk trying to push away a certain brunette who was pressing herself against him in attempt to seduce. I stepped into the room quietly with my sisters without Nick or the girl noticing.

"Michelle, please stop and leave. I've told you already and I'll tell you again. I'm not interested." Nick said in a tired voice. I looked on amused.

"But baby, think of all the fun we could have together." Michelle said in what I could perceive was supposed to be a seductive voice. I resisted the urge to snort and laugh. I looked behind and beside me and saw my sisters, Rae and Alec trying to do same.

"I said no, Michelle. Now leave, please." Nick said, in a semi-firm tone, successfully pushing her away from him and stepping back.

"Come on, darling." Michelle said, trying to reach for him again. I decided to step in then and save Nick.

"Excuse me, (both of them turned to look in my direction. Nick looked surprised at my presence while Michelle looked rather annoyed by it.) I believe your Alpha just asked you to leave his office, did he not? So I'm gonna ask you nicely to step out." Nick shot me a grateful look and smile.