CHAPTER 11

"So that was his reason?" Korra asked. I was sitting at the kitchen counter between the dining room and the kitchen with Kara beside me while Korra was standing on the other side of it. We were all drinking tea. I returned from my wolf run and told them everything that had transpired between me and Nick when we were in the forest.

"That's what he told me." I replied Korra.

"Can't say I blame him much for thinking that. As stupid as his reasons were, I understand his insecurities. It doesn't vindicate his actions totally but it's kinda 20 percent legit." Kara said.

"Excuse me?" I asked, bringing my cup from my lips to the counter top and turning to look at Kara.

"Kiara, you may not see it yourself, but to most people around you, you're perfect. And I'm not talking about just your physical appearance. I'm also talking about the inside you. Sis, you're smart, beautiful, kind, fun, brave and loyal. And let's not forget you're a badass. You have qualities that most guys, both human and werewolf, look for in a woman. But it always makes them a bit insecure about being right for women like you." Kara explained.

"I have to agree with Kara on this one. That however doesn't make up for the stupid decision he made because of these reasons. But it somehow how doesn't make us hate him. If he was willing to ask for a chance to prove him, I say give it to him. No playing hard to get, let him do what he can to win you back." Korra said.

"I'm gonna have to sleep on this. I'm tired and sleepy and according to the schedule you two cooked up, training's 5am. I'm gonna have to be clear headed and bright eyed for it. I'm going to bed. Thanks for the tea and the talk. Goodnight." I got up and went up to my room. I showered then fell onto my bed in my bathrobe, falling asleep immediately.

Kara's P.O.V

After our talk with Kiara, Korra and I also decided to call it a night and went to bed after we locked up. I woke up next morning to the sound of my phone vibrating with a message. I reached for my phone on the nightstand to check who it was. It was Kiara.

"I'm out on a run. I'll meet you and Korra in the training yard. When I come, I'm probably gonna need someone to spar with, so choose between yourself and Korra. –KK."

Well, today's her lucky day since we had decided to do hand to hand sparring today. I got out of bed and went to change into workout clothes, a blue sports bra and a pair of grey sweat pants and put on a pair of blue and pink sneakers. I put my hair into a ponytail and pulled a black hoodie over my sports bra. I stepped out of my room to find Korra leaning against the wall opposite my door, waiting for me. She was in a pink sports bra, grey sweat pants, a black hoodie pulled over the sports bra and a pair of pink and grey sneakers.

"You looked in through my eyes to see if I was ready, didn't you?"

"Yep."

"You know I sometimes hate it. Did you do it to Kiara too?"

"Yep, she's running in the forest behind the pack house."

"Oh, you are so gonna get it when she meets us for training. She wants someone to spar with so I told her I would take over training the Shadow pups while you spar with her."

"Uh-oh, stress sparring. Well, fortunately for her, I'm actually itching for it. I haven't sparred against her in a long time and I could use the challenge. Works in your favor too."

"How does this work in my favor?"

"You get to show those pups a demonstration as to how to fight like real Shadow wolf. They don't know that mom used to be a Shadow wolf making us Shadow wolves by default."