1 | The Lonely Crow of Karasuno

*beep beep*

I looked over at my alarm clock and groaned. Today is my first day of highschool at Karasuno Highschool. The past week I have been stressing about today, about high school in general, mainly about meeting new people.

I'm not bad at it, it's just hard for me to muster up the courage to talk to people... after that point i'm completely fine.

"(Y/n) turn off that stupid alarm clock i'm tired of hearing that darned thing".

I turned off the alarm and sat up in bed. I sigh left my lips as I rolled out of bed to get ready. After I put on my new uniform and did all of my morning routine, I ran downstairs to grab breakfast before I left.

I was running later than I wanted to, so when I got downstairs I didn't talk to either of my parents before I left. It's not like I talk to them much anyways, they are always away on business trips, almost every week they are gone in fact. So because of that, I just kind of chill by myself. All of my middle school friends went to different schools, so i'm really back to square one...

All alone

As I walked down the street I hummed a song my grandmother used to sing to me. She was the only one I really connected with in my family... before she passed away. The song was about a lonely little crow, trying to make friends, but always failing, but in the end, the crow got a tight knit friend group and was finally happy. I always associated myself with that crow, one reason I wanted to come to Karasuno, it reminded me of myself as well as my grandmother.

"Excuse me"

I jumped and turned towards the voice that spoke. Beside me was a red headed boy on a bike. He was just gliding beside me, I wonder for how long. I let out a sigh of relief and spoke: "Me?".

"Yes, I was wondering what song that was... the one you were humming just now?". You could just tell by his demeanor that he was an uppity person. He radiated optimism and it kind of startled me.

"It was a song my grandmother made up for me when I was a little girl. It doesn't really have a name so I don't really know what to say." I giggled a bit as I said the last part. Talking to new people was getting harder by the year.

"Is that a Karasuno uniform? What year are you?" He jumped from one subject to another wildly. Suddenly I was a little more relaxed, seeing he also had a Karasuno Uniform on, maybe he could help me navigate.

"I'm a first year, you?" He looked very young, not even like a highschooler, but that was obviously a Karasuno Uniform. At this point anything would surprise me.

"I'm also a first year, Shoyo Hinata." He stopped his bike and stuck his hand out. I shook his hand and also introduced myself. "(y/n) (l/n)".

We started to make our way towards the school again, just talking about our expectations for high school, reasons to come to Karasuno, etc.

"You wanna be like the Tiny Giant?". I asked and he nodded. "I remember seeing him on TV, he was really good."

He looked at me with a questioning look on his face. "Do you play?"

I shook my head. "My mom did in highschool, so I know a little.".

Before we knew it, we had arrived at our faithful destination. We parted ways as we both went to our designated classes.

So, today starts.

--------------------

After school was over, I wandered around campus, just observing. I wanted to get aware of my surroundings at my new school, so I knew where everything was and such.

As I passed one of the gyms, I heard shoes scuffing against the floors inside. I stopped for a moment in front of the door, curious as to what was happening inside. I looked in and saw the boys volleyball team practicing. I looked around for Hinata, thinking it would be easy because of his bright colored hair. Even with this, I didn't see him anywhere in the gym.

After about five minutes of looking, I gave up and kept walking. I could've swore he said he was gonna join the volleyball club today. Maybe I was just hearing things...

Hours passed and the sun was down. By this time I had memorized the entire campus, and had time to just sit and enjoy the sunset. I decided it was time to walk home, my parents had already left for their weekly business trip this morning so I could take my time. As I was walking out of the campus, I heard some people talking.

I looked over to see Hinata with a dark haired boy, passing a volleyball back and forth. Suddenly a tall blonde with glasses and an olive haired boy walked up to them. I wasn't close enough to hear the conversation, but I could tell Hinata and his friend weren't happy.

I looked past the dispute and kept walking. I was tired and wanted to get home already, my brain hurt.

"Hey (l/n)!". I heard from a distance. I sighed and turned to meet Hinata bouncing up and down, waving in my direction. The blonde and olive haired guys were gone, out of sight. I waved back and he started to run towards me. He's so energetic it's making me feel even more tired.

"Why are you walking back so late?" He asked when he finally reached me. He was panting from running, I just looked at him, with a confused look on my face. I'm too tired for this.

"I hung around the campus for a while, why are you here so late?" I asked.

"The volleyball captain kicked me and that stupid blueberry out until we get along... so that's what we're doing." He said. At about that time, the dark haired boy was standing beside Hinata.

"Are you really talking about me?!" He looked angry about it. A smirk appeared on my face and I looked up to the dark haired boy.

"He called you a stupid blueberry." I said to him. Even more anger filled his face as he slapped Hinata in the back of the head. I giggled as I watched what I had caused.

"Kageyama!" Hinata yelled with his hand covering where he was just hit. The dark haired boy just turned and walked back to the area they were at earlier. Hinata looked at me and sighed.

"I've gotta go, but see ya tomorrow morning?" He asked. I just nodded and we parted ways.

As I walked home, I thought about the encounter I had with the two boys. I think I made a new friend on my first day of highschool, that's a first. I turned my attention to the other boy.

"Kageyama, huh." I said quietly to myself. He seems interesting, a little mean, but interesting. I think I could vibe with him.

I opened my door and walked in my empty house. On the fridge there was a note from my parents:

~

(y/n),

You know the drill. Don't leave the house after school, make sure you take care of yourself, and there is emergency money in the safe.

Stay out of trouble,

Mom and Dad

~

I sighed and opened the fridge for some leftovers. They act like i follow every one of those rules already.

After I ate and took a shower, I put on pajamas and jumped in my bed. I was exhausted. It didn't take long before I drifted off to sleep.