12

The two waddled their way out of the store and once out whispered, "Saturday at XYZ." Then actually headed to the sock store because why not.

Once they were in the store Jeongguk wandered off deeper in while Taehyung stood near the opening waiting for the boy.

While waiting he saw that the younger waved him to go over so he sighed and walked towards him. What Jeongguk wanted to show him was fluffy slippers. "This is what you called me over for?"

Jeongguk sulked a little at the lack of excitement and added, "we can match :D."

Taehyung scowls and chuckled, "why do you wanna match? Don't you hate me?"

The boy had to process that into his head before going, "oh you're right. I-I'll just get this for myself then..."

Jeongguk was so invested in their acting from before that he had completely forgotten about the fact that they aren't friends. The boy lowered his head almost in embarrassment before Taehyung grabbed a similar pair of slippers.

Before walking away he grabbed the one in Jeongguk's hands as well and paid for them both.

Taehyung was now approaching the front door and commented, "you coming?"

The younger quickly followed happily with a bounce to his steps.

The both of them entered Taehyung's car and it was time to go 'home'.

While on their way back, the ride was quiet but from the olders side view he could see how restless the boy was. He was constantly peeking at the bag next to him where the slippers were placed and humming to himself quietly.

Taehyung doesn't know why but when is Jeongguk being quiet and not making any trouble he's kinda cute. Just kind of. Especially his little movements.

When they finally arrived at the apartment and once the car was parked Jeongguk dashed out the door and rushed upstairs. Taehyung tousled his hair before making sure the car was locked and slowly walked upstairs too.

Once he unlocked the door Jeongguk was in the living room hopping and jumping around in the slippers.

Taehyung chuckled and commented, "you seem happy." And walked into the bedroom and plopped down onto the bed. Jeongguk waltzed his way over quietly and also laid down next to the older.

The boy smiled and said, "thank you for buying them."

Taehyung too smiled and replied, "no worries you can pay me back with your next pay check ^^."

Jeongguk was floored and a little upset but nodded sadly, before turning over to leave.

Though before he had made his way off the bed, Taehyung held onto his waist and pulled the boy in closer, "I'm just kidding, it's kinda like a 'let's be nicer to each other today' gift."

Jeongguk smiled a little and echoed, "yeah let's be nice to each other today."