44

The loud ringing of the alarm had woken Taehyung up early in the morning which frustrated him. He couldn't sleep at all last night because he would wake up from time to time to check up on the younger. He quickly slammed his hands down at the shitty chunk of metal and like always he would get out of bed and stretch then go wash up. No wait. He would normally wake Jeongguk up first. Yeah that's what he does. Turning his head at the bed he had noticed that it was empty. The spot where the younger would sleep was completely cold to the touch. 'Not there.'

'This is fine Taehyung, maybe he's out in the living room.' The older felt his stomach sink with each step towards the living room because he knew. He knew Jeongguk won't be there. This little apartment of theirs wasn't big so it wasnt hard to tell that he was alone standing in a place they'd called home for two weeks. He felt a sense of denial and started calling out the youngers name as he walked around almost believing that if he called enough times the boy would just jump out of thin air to surprise him. But suddenly he had a glimpse of hope.

"M-maybe he just went out for a walk..." he mumbled to himself and looked around once more. Yeah. Definitely... Jeongguk wasn't a kid anymore, he could leave the apartment and go out if he wanted. This was his hometown after all, maybe he just wanted to clear his head. Maybe... there was just so many maybes running through the man head but what was there to worry about? Nothing. Jeongguk will return later.

Taehyung sat down on the couch and felt the emptiness of their apartment, "hah... it's almost as if I've lived here alone this whole time..." his eyes wandered around the living room and he wondered if this was what the boy had felt when he hadn't returned home till late. Should he go out and search for the boy as well? Should he just shoot him a message? Taehyung doesn't know. He felt like he didn't know anything.

Remembering that he had no time to clean up the apartment yesterday, Taehyung stood up from the couch and was about to organize the laundry when it hit him. 'These cloths are all mine, where Jeongguk's?' This sudden panic left him to realize, other than the clock and plush that was on their bed, only Taehyung's belonging remain. Most traces of the boy ever being there seemed to be gone.

Of course he wasn't losing it, he could tell that Jeongguk's been here before. Walking around the house and scouring through every corner, he found a note tapped to the front door. The older quickly rushed over in a cold sweat and read it, "good morning hyung, I'm hoping that this is a good spot to leave a note for you. As you're reading this I might be on my way back to Seoul or I've already arrived, I think I'll be taking the train there so it should be pretty quick. I just wanted to say that being with you really drained me and I'm unsure of what I should do. You bring joy to me and I get overly comfortable around you. Though I know this is just a one sided feeling. I had a lot of fun yesterday at the amusement park and thank you for allowing me to leave the sticker behind. I hope we become close friends and colleagues once work starts again. —Jeongguk."

Taehyung grabbed his keys and phone before jamming his feet into his shoes and ran out the apartment, his chest felt tight. At this moment he felt like he was drowning.

(Me: uu teehee)