30

Taehyung got his phone and was ready to order them both breakfast but remembered that he'd have to inform Lee of their stay. He quickly went to his messages and found the name, "irrelevant" and pressed it. The last thing he had sent to his colleague was, "k."

He really didn't want to talk to that useless waste of space and bit down on his lower lip and reluctantly started typing anyways, "Guk and I are staying here for awhile." Not expecting an instant reply Taehyung got off the app and went on yelp to look for some good recommendations. After scrolling for a while he got mad and closed the app, "why're there mad places man... fuck it I'm just gonna get us some breakfast burritos and sausages and call it a day." But before he placed his order he remembered that the younger had a sweet tooth so decided to get a muffin as well.

After he ordered, Taehyung walked around the apartment and felt the vibration of his phone, 'irrelevant'.

Lee had responded to the olders message, "Hello Officer Kim, I've let the boss know that the both of you would be staying for a while, he commended us on our work! I hope you take good care of Jeonggukie since he isn't always the brightest. Also anything you do for him would probably brighten his day since he had looked up to you back then."

After reading that message Taehyung was angry and confused, angry because who was Lee to say that Jeongguk wasn't the brightest?? Sure it's the truth, but still!and confused because since when had the boy ever looked up to him?

He quickly clicked to reply, "what do you mean by the last part of looking up to me?"

This time there was no wait, Lee immediately replied back, "ah you see, Jeongguk and I joined the force around the same time so we're pretty close, he had really looked up to you because you looked proper and always got your cases completed quickly. There was this once you complimented his hair? He wouldn't shut up about it for like a week, constantly talking about how he'll start wear his hair like that. By like that I mean the waves or perm he has. But out of nowhere he started to dislike you? He never told me why but all I know is he used to really look up to you."

Taehyung scratched his head and thought, 'have I done something to him? And when did I compliment... oh right I did... ah now I remember....man, he must have hated me after I slapped his ass in the locker room or sumn.' The older shrugged and replied, "thanks." And walked over to the couch, he had been walking back and forth from the living room to bedroom while reading the message.

The boy had curled up into himself and Taehyung softly ruffled his hair and chuckled, 'so he wore his hair like that because I complimented him... cute.' Looking down at the younger, the Taehyung found him good looking even when his hair was straighter then usual.

He lightly tapped the boys cheeks and whispered, "baby wake up." Just as Jeongguk groaned Taehyung again let's out, "cmon, be good and wake up I have questions."

The boy hoisted himself up with his arm and drowsily, eyes barely opened mumbled, "en?"

Taehyung moved to sit next to him and asked, "why did you start hating me? Was it because I slapped you ass or was it because I squeezed it?"

The boy scrunched his noise and looked at Taehyung with the 'bro I just woke up what the fuck are the asking me' face before trying to lay back down. But instead the older pulled Jeongguk's waist toward his direction causing the boy to fumble towards the olders arms.

"I'll let you go once you answer me, so why did you stop looking up to me buns?"