Chapter 11

As usual, after the chiming of the bell at 5:00 am, the hard-working and hard-wrought, Xiao Guizi, entered the imperial bedchamber to help the emperor through the morning routine of brushing, washing and dressing.

However, after entering the magnificent bedchamber of the emperor, Xiao Guizi realized that the emperor's bed was empty. There was no trace that it had been previously slept upon.

"My God!!! The emperor has disappeared!!"

Immediately, the entire imperial bedchamber resonated with his wolfish cries of panic — Xiao Guizi, continued to make quite a ruckus while wildly running all the way towards the central administration room.

"Stop making such a big deal out of it! Just quickly go to the Marquis'* place!" The administer, who was woken up due to the noise, yawned in irritation.

"Yes, yes, yes..." Xiao Guizi stuttered in his response as he hastened his glide outwards.

Upon hearing the commotion from the outside, Jing turned his body in annoyance. --- By his side, laid Lu Cang, who remained sleeping ever so soundly. Last night, both of them were continuously entwined with each other and could only repeatedly release uncontrollable desires till late into the night, until Lu Cang reached an unsightly point of exhaustion and passed out on him. It's no wonder that he was in this worn out condition.

"Your Majesty, are you attending the morning court?" In front of the closed door, Xiao Guizi spoke cautiously and in an orderly array.

There was also Cao Xin with his loud voice, "Your Majesty, Big Brother...aah...the Lord has woken up? Yesterday he and I had agreed to meet early in the morning to devise a plan about hunting in the outskirts!"

Jing filled with irritation, unhappily put on his robe. Lightly, he opened the door.

Xiao Guizi quickly stepped forward to greet him. Jing gestured with a wave of his hand to hint that the greeting could be put off until he had reached outside. Cao Xin, as dense as usual, imprudently moved closer to enter the bedchamber and gasped at the sight..."The Lord..."

"What...with the Lord---the Lord......" Jing grabbed him and dragged him out.

"Here!" annoyed Jing hurriedly drew out a piece of gold* from his pocket and stuffed it into Cao Xin's hand. "Today the Lord is unwell. You should go find one or two of your brothers to accompany you and have fun at the Tong Hua House! Do not disturb Xiao...mmm, Lu Cang!"

Wearing an expression as if he was a bit afraid of those three words 'Tong Hua House', clearly unwilling to go, he tried to pry closely. "Ah!! The lord is sick?! What kind of sickness?!"

"Aiya, Master Cao!" Even Xiao Guizi could see that Jing's face color had already turned malevolent and the aura around him had already darkened. He quickly dragged Cao Xin outside.

As he walked, Cao Xin, muttered aloud: "What is this all about! If he is a lord then just say he is a lord! What is with 'the royal nobility lord' title? Isn't it the same as an empress?! Also, putting us brothers to be stationed at the outer government office was on purpose, right? You, as emperor, aren't afraid that nobody knows that our Big Brother has been played with by you!"

Jing with his ghastly pale face, pretended that he didn't hear the nonsense talk. He went directly outside, to the sedan chair that Xiao Guizi had prepared.

Before his eyes, the sky had gradually become brightened. It was just the beginning of another brand new day in Dong'an.