Chapter 20

"Mei Yun, hurry and go make the bed for your lady."

Seeing that Lu Cang was no longer resolutely rejecting the idea, Cao Xin conveniently took it as he accepted it. Happily watching the little maid cheerfully ran to the bedroom, he crammed Lu Rong Rong's hand hard into Lu Cang's and pushed the both of them inside.

Entering the bedroom, Mei Yun had already prepared the mattress accordingly, —-Beneath the bright red silk and satin, a corner of a snow-whited silk scarf exposed. It was meant to be used to test the virginity on the wedding night. Lu Cang's face couldn't help but suddenly heated up.

"Big Brother, you take your time and enjoy yourself. I'll excuse myself!" Seeing Lu Cang's red face, Cao Xin of course would know how to be sensible and prepared to leave. He gave Mei Yun a meaningful glance and together they left the brimmed with hidden warmth and ambiguous atmosphere bedroom. He didn't forget to close the door for them.

The ambiguous atmosphere in the air suddenly reached a boiling point. In the room that overflowed with the thought of intimacy, Luo Rong Rong, with her blushed crimson red face sat on the edge of the bed. Lowered her head, without any words, rather revealing her bashful delicate bride appeal.

Lu Cang was flustered and already at a loss of what to do. Even if he had a very strong feeling for his beloved Jing, he knew that this alluring night would serve as a fatal enticement. ---- After all, as he gradually getting older, he actually no longer able to pretend that he wasn't in the least envy of other people satisfactory household.

No matter the case, during any imperial palace grand ceremonies, he could only be standing among the crowd of Royal Ministers. Even if the place beside Jing which belongs to the Empress was left unoccupied, the crowd of imperial concubines behind him had continuously increased steadily, without decreasing.

Every time he saw the Jing who held the concubines with his both hands and played with the crowd of concubines that surrounded him, Every time he saw the palace maiden either carefully held in their bosom or led by their hands the prince and princess, saying that he never suffered the lonesome desolate feeling was a total big lie.

And in front of his eyes was the greatest opportunity to change his situation. He only needed to spend a few nights with Lu Rong Rong and by the same time next year he would have in this world a child of his own blood. ---- For Lu Cang, a man without no relatives nor family members, by any means, this was the most absolute temptation.

Inwardly, his conscience was at a fight. In his mind, Jing appeared with his smile, yet not a smiling face, the most beautiful unworldly appearance. In a spell, his mind and soul became soft and pliable. But when he was about to step backward, he recalled that Jing coldly told him about the pregnancy of the beauty that came from western region with his rigid and indifferent expression. It made him stably stand on his place and halted his foot step.

"Big Brother Lu, it's getting late. Let's have a rest." Lu Rong Rong perhaps saw that Lu Cang's expression seemed strange so she called out to him in a gentle voice.

Lu Cang gritted his teeth and finally took a big step forward...

_________________

"Big Brother, are you up? It's already noon! The brothers are waiting for you to treat you to some welcome wine!"

Around noon, Cao Xin appeared in the small courtyard. He called out a few times, but when no one answered, he hesitated before pushed open the bedroom door. Inside, he found only Lu Cang sitting by himself on the bed, as if thinking about something in a daze.

"Ehh? Where are Mei Yun and Miss Lu? What's going on here.....?" His sharp eyes were drawn to the white silk sheets that were laid out on the bed last night. ----- The white sheet was still as snow white as before, without any hue of beautiful color.