Chapter 21 ✔

I sat on the sofa, groaning as the pain in my lower back worsened a little. I rearranged the hot water bottle Johnny had given me and sighed when it finally subsided.

"You OK Lady Pest?" Adam asked as he walked past me, his arms filled with plates.

"I'm fine Pussface, just like the other sixty million times you and your brother have asked me." I snapped but quickly apologised, quickly blaming it on my being uncomfortable.

He quickly shrugged it off and continued his journey into the dining room to set the table for dinner.

Since I wasn't feeling up to it, Johnny had tried to get out of dinner with his parents but o very quickly came up with the idea that the Goodmans had dinner here, instead. So that was what we did. Johnny had gone to get the food, leaving me here with Adam who had been her all day, helping Johnny put some last minute changes to the babys room, like a crib, a few shelves on the wall and a bookcase I insisted we had in there, as I planned on ready to him as he grew older.

There was a knock at the door and I stood up, waddling over to answer it, shooting Adam and annoyed look when he tried to stop me.

I opened the door to see Jackie and Martin stood there.

"Hi." I smiled, giving them both a hug as they entered, Jackie carrying a tray of crumble.

"Hello bambina." Martin smiled. "Hello baby Bambino." He lent down whispering to the baby them walk in like that was the most normal thing in the world, which I guess too Martin and I it was, as he has done it every single time he saw me.

"Hiya, Love, how you two doing?" Jackie smiled, placing the crumble down on the table, once we made it into the di ing room where Adam was now talking to Martin.

"I've been better, just very uncomfortable." I told her as pain shot through my body, once again.

Oh, I'm sorry love." She sympathised.

"It's nothing really, just been a bit uncomfortable all day." I smiled.

I wasn't lying, it had started at about 4 this morning. It wasn't anything bad, just a few uncomfortable pains every now and then, I had ofcourse called a doctor but they said is was nothing to worry about.

"I'M HOME!"I heard Johnny shout as he walked through the door, taking Jackie's attention from me.

"Oh, hi Johnny-boo." She smiled as he youngest son walking into the room, carrying bags of food.

Once the greeting were exchanged and dinner was dished out we were sat in in the dining eating over idle chit chat. Jackie being caught up on everything that had happened in the week.

I let out a quiet groan as I lent back in my chair, closing my eyes and breathing through the pain. Only Johnny seemed to notice this as he put his hand on my back and rubbed it soothingly as he kept up the conversation with his dad.

I was ok again for a few minutes until another wave hit, this time worse.

I stood from my seat at the table and began walking around, telling myself that the pain would stop soon.

All eyes at the table were on my and Jackie sent Johnny a worried look.

"She's been getting some pain all day, in her back." He explained.

"Oh, honey, how long has this been going on?" Jackie asked, standing up, walking over and rubbing my back.

"Since about 4am this morning, it wasn't to bad a first, I guess it sort of got worse as the day's gone on, more frequent too." I sighed feeling another pain shoot through my body.