Meeting Miller

They had just finished. The crowd in the Qudos Bank Arena were amazing and Via forgot how much she missed this experience.

The last routine in particular was pretty good.
There was no lead or special feature, the dance titled "Better off now".
The backstory was relatively straightforward.
Being better off without the person who always tries to convince you otherwise.

They were now off the stage.
The moms congratulated them, although there seemed to be a problem.

"She's here," Via heard Christi say.
Holly frowned. "Who, Abby?"

Their voices were quiet but everyone heard.
"Why's she here?" Jill appeared annoyed, her hat nearly toppling off her head.
Paige appeared to be shaking. "Is she going to visit us?"

While everyone started assuring her, someone was coming over.
Via narrowed her eyes, before she recognised the figure: Gianna Martello.

Everyone else had now seen their former choreographer and their faces were a mix of awkwardness and happiness.

"Oh Gia...fancy seeing you here!" It wasn't meant to be sarcastic but Melissa's words stung her.
"Hi guys." Gia appeared very nervous, "I want to congratulate you all on your dances."
The girls said their thanks but Via knew that wasn't the only thing.
"Basically..." Gia clasped her hands together and looked behind her, "I think that Abby wanted to see you guys again."
Kelly's face was like thunder. "Well fancy that."

Before anything else could be said, the sound of a wheelchair could be heard.
"Hi guys!"

Oh Abby hasn't changed.

Via didn't know where to look. Certainly not at Miller who was now in front of them.
"How are you all?"
It was a shock to hear everyone say, "Fine. How about you?"
Abby beamed saying, "Good, good. I'm so proud of you all!"

Was this an act?

The conversation appeared to rumble on, to be honest it was quite cold and it was now the night, Via was shivering in her dance wear.
Holly noticed, asking "Are you ok Via? Seem a bit cold?"
Via was grateful for Holly asking the question but she wasn't grateful that everyone was now looking at her.

"I'm ok." She replied, aware her voice was meek.
Abby frowned before asking "How are you V?"

This took Via back.
It's just an act, she told herself, no one really likes you.

Then realising she hadn't answered, Via quickly said "I'm fine...thanks for asking."
With that, Abby nodded her head and the conversation with everyone else continued.

They were getting ready for bed, packing the final things in their bag for their next destination, when someone knocked on the door.
Chloe peeped through the hole before telling Via, "It's my mum."
Via nodded, not really expecting anything, when she heard Christi say, "I need to speak to Via."
Via heard Chloe whisper something back, probably about whether everything was OK.

Then Chloe walked over to her saying, "My mum wants to know if she can speak to you."
Via nodded, having not changed into her night gear yet.
She followed Christi and realised they were talking the lift down to a food hall at the hotel.

Via was the first to speak.
"I guess everything's not Ok."
Christi appeared concerned. "Why do you always think that?"
Via raised an eyebrow. "Everything's fine?"