Showtime

After Czito told (y/n) that last sentence, he walked inside without giving her any explanation.

(Y/n) didn't go inside right after, she just stood there thinking. She knew Edison was a powerful man but what did Tesla do exactly? It wouldn't affect him that much surely, he was even more famous than Tesla and had more money.

(Y/n) sighed. Maybe thinking about this topic instead of doing something wasn't going to help. So she decided to finally step inside.

When she entered Mr.Tesla wasn't there anymore, (y/n) assumed he was alone in his studio.

"Alright (y/n) we're heading out"

(Y/n) looked at Czito confused "why?"

Czito grabbed his coat and put it on. "We're going to go undercover and see all this fuss Edison is making, then we'll make a plan to stop it"

(Y/n) nodded in understanding "won't Mr.Tesla worry if we aren't here?"

Czito laughed. "Nope. I already asked him, he didn't say anything but at least he knows we won't be here"
After that they headed towards the train station. They boarded and after a while they arrived.

They went asking to see if people knew the exact location this gathering would take place and finally they stood in front of a wooden platform with a caged dog and the alternating current belonging to Tesla, or more specifically to Westinghouse Electric Corporation.

A crowd was already surrounding it.
Czito and (y/n) managed to get closer to the front and they waited.

Minutes passed when suddenly a person introduced himself (y/n) saw him and he seemed familiar.
He was tall (not as tall and Mr.Tesla but he was for sure taller than the average) and from what she'd heard from this man, had put a little weight too. His hair was short and not really taken care of but wasn't really bad.
What really made (y/n) recognise him was the frown he had and the burrowed eyebrows. Always like that, always seeming like he was thinking or that he was grumpy.

"Welcome gentlemen. Today I'll be proving how this new invention , the alternative current cannot be used in our houses contrary to what Westinghouse wants us to believe"

The chatter from the people died down and waited for Edison to continue.

Without further ado he walked towards the cage and opened it. He took out the dog and with a swift movement took a cable connected to the Alternative Current. He put the dog on a wooden table and while the dog was sitting peacefully Edison grabbed he cable and touched the animal with it.
In seconds the animal whined and convulsed, then it stopped.
It's eyes void of life and it's little tongue sticking out .

Everyone was silent.
(Y/n) couldn't believe her eyes.
»Mr.Tesla did this?«

"And that gentlemen is why this new invention is dangerous. Or you, young man"
He pointed at one of the viewers.
"Would you want to return from work only to find your wife dead because she used this alternating current to air-dry her hair?"
The man took a step back clearly scared "n-no"

Czito looked at (y/n) furious. Without saying anything he took her hand and took her away from the crowd. No one noticed, everyone was still shocked about what their eyes had seen.
In all honesty (y/n) was shocked too.

Note: The Alternative Current was developed by Michael Faraday years before Tesla was born but, Tesla improved the current and thanks to Westinghouse it was able to be used in houses.

EDITED