AE Experiment

The day followed as normal. (Y/n) kept tidying up while Czito was asked to help Tesla with one of his experiments.

"(Y/n)!" Czito called from downstairs.
"Yes?" She replied.
"Check the regulator again and tell me if we're fine on the energy supply"

She sighed and left the boxes she was putting away on the floor.

(Y/n) opened the silver box and checked.
"It looks fine Czito!" She said out loud.

She waited for a response but none came. After waiting for a while longer (Y/n) closed the box and continued with her duties.

Soon the last rays of sun were visible faintly on the windows in the laboratory.
Just as (y/n) was packing her things to leave Czito came running down the stairs. "(Y/n) wait!"
She turned around to look at him.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

Czito shook his head while catching up his breath. "Do you mind if you stay just for a little longer?"

(Y/n) gave a him a perplexed look. "Why?"

"Tesla wants to prove something with his new invention. He already did it once but he thinks this time it'll be better"

(Y/n) stood there thinking for a moment. "Alright"
***

Minutes passed as Czito helped Tesla prepare whatever they were going to do. She sat on the studio trying not to touch any of the pigeon poop.

At last they stopped working. Tesla looked at his invention and smiled. "This is my coil" he said, not really talking with any of his assistants in particular.
"I built one that was ten times bigger than this one"
He turned to look at (y/n) "(y/n) I'm sure you know that once I busted a regulator"

(Y/n) stared at him "yes Mr.Tesla"

He nodded "well it was due to this, I figured that if I built it smaller I won't be able to mess with the regulator again. But first I'll have to try it"

Czito sat next to (y/n).
Tesla grabbed a box and looked inside. Then took out some lightbulbs.

"Miss (L/n), Czito. Take the lightbulbs and put them around the studio".

Czito stood up "just like that Mr.Tesla? What about the energy current?"

Tesla shook his head and smiled while giving (y/n) some lightbulbs. "Don't mind that Czito, we'll turn them on without them having to physically touch a direct electric current"

And so they did. They put the lightbulbs in random places, afar from each other or sometimes almost touching.

After they had no more lightbulbs left they waited for Tesla to do something.

Czito sat down once again.

Mr.Tesla flipped a lever and a little buzzing noise was heard.
Suddenly all the lightbulbs lighted up.
(Y/n) gasped.

Czito was amazed too and started to look around.

Suddenly (y/n) felt someone beside her.
With a swift movement Tesla took her hand and they both admired how without a direct current touching the lightbulbs they were somehow on.

I remember when I did my science experiment, and I built a Tesla's coil. I put LED lightbulbs around it and they all turned on, it was so cool xD