Get Out

Abe thought himself to be an adaptable fish man. Intelligent and cunning when the time called for it, but making his new life with Hellboy and Liz was not as easy as he thought it was going to be. When he had agreed to leave B.P.R.D it was at a moment in his life where he was just tired of everything, Nuala had just sacrificed herself to save the whole world, the professor was gone, Manning was being more of....well himself and Abe couldn't take it anymore. But there were times where he regretted leaving the only world he knew, Hellboy and Liz had each other and the babies. Abe didn't have anyone besides them, the human world didn't expect him and making friends amongst the magical creatures was proving to not be as easy as he thought. Now don't get me wrong, he loved that he and his long time and really only friends had set up this new life for themselves in the Troll Market. Luckily, if you walk further out of the market, you find an underground neighborhood that ran all under Manhattan Island.

The trio was able to buy a plot of land and have a company run by trolls build them a two story New Orleans style house, with grey paint. Hellboy said he wanted to feel fancy and luckily the neighborhood was one where they let the buyer pick the build and style of their house based on their needs. He and Liz wanted plenty of room for the twins when they were born, so even got enough land to have a backyard and a little playground for when they were old enough. But everything was about the babies now and Abe knew that was obviously going to be the case, but it didn't help in his loneliness. He longed for that feeling Nuala gave him, the wholeness, the love he felt in that short amount of time.

He didn't even swim like he used to, there was only a small pond by their house and no water source in the market looked...well we're not going to go there. So he spent most of his time in the library, collecting and categorizing all the books and scrolls he had brought from the Bureau and bought in the market. Liz was starting to notice how their long time friend was staying more in the house and how it seemed like the only time he left was to sit in the pond or go to the market, Hellboy thought he was just missing Nuala but Liz knew better than that. She saw him constantly look longingly out the window and sighing like a teenage girl and she couldn't take it anymore, she had to help her friend. So while she was out getting her daily supply of breadfruit from a hermit crab merman in the market, she asked if he knew a place that her friend could swim and relax at. He smiled at her and told her he knew just the place.

When she got home, she turned the corner to where the library was and tried not to waddle. She was only going on five months pregnant now, but when you're carrying the twins of Anung Un Rama that they may be a bit weighty. She greeted a few of their cats and was greeted to Abe's sighing as she entered the library.

"Hey Abe"!

Abe turned to her from the window and closed the book in his lap.

"Hello Liz, how was the market today," he asked. Liz smiled and bent down carefully to sit down on the step next to him.

"It was great, I got lots of bread fruit and I think I finally found the answer to your problem," she said. Abe tilted his head to the side, confused about what she was talking about.

"What do you mean," he asked. "I don't have a problem".

LIz shook her head. "Oh yes you do," she said. "Abe, you're my friend and I can't stand to see you like this. You've been cramped up in this house ever since we quit the B.P.R.D and I know you're hurt about Nuala but you gotta get out there".

Abe's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, but Liz was on a roll and when she was there was no getting anything in.

"No I mean it Abe, I love you but I'm about to have two literal demon babies who could possibly possess psychokinesis and I need some peace. I've been listening to you sing and recite ballads, been letting you feel like you have to cry (no tear ducts) on my shoulder and between that, pregnancy and Hellboy questioning if he's going to be a good parent I'm going crazy"!