Back Home (Valo)

A/N: The song is not mine and has nothing to do with the story. I was just listening as I wrote and forgot how gorgeous this music video is. 

 Time Skip: Two Weeks Later

Valo

Valo hated her job. There, she said it! She had just come back from a great two week break, a magical two weeks. Abe and her had spent as much time as they could together, before she had to return. She hated to sound like an over romantic teenager, but it had been wonderful. For someone who didn't have much experience in relationships, Abe probably could've written the book, in her eyes. Abe wasn't just attentive to her emotional needs, but to her intellectual needs, something she never experienced before.

He wasn't just interested in her, but also wanted to learn with her. So they spent a lot of time learning about each other and their world's. But Valo couldn't lie and say she didn't enjoy more of their....hands-on studies. She wasn't sure who she would call the teacher or the student when it came to that part of their relationship so far. They hadn't even had sex yet, but he brought a fire out of her that she never knew burned in her. And it was driving her down right crazy, she didn't know how much more she could handle of this.

Abe's touch is always gentle and hard at the same time. They would lay in her bed and he could spend forever kissing and touching every inch of skin he could reach. He had definitely gotten comfortable with both of their naked bodies and admitted that he loved hers, that it was something that should be worshiped. The thought made her shudder, it scared her because a huge part of her wanted to give into her primal instincts.

She couldn't get it, she had had sex before and never felt this hunger before. There was always that point when they were getting into it, she let herself stop thinking. And then suddenly it would come and what bothered her even more was that Abe seemed to be affected by it as well. His grip would become tighter, kisses more desperate. She swore one day, during a very heated make-out session, he had been tangled in her tentacles (That's fun to say) and she suddenly felt something slimy between them.

When she went to the bathroom she found a pink goo coming from her center. She knew that the goo was meant to hold in sperm so her eggs would be fertilized, but she had never experienced it. It was only supposed to happen when she was in heat and ready for the intent to mate. Everytime she went into heat she hid inside and took care of herself, but she wasn't even in heat! She immediately called Augusta and told her what was going on, if anyone would know she probably would.

"It's Mating Fever," she stated easily. Valo shook her head and gave her a 'and that is' look.

"What the hell is that," she asked. Augusta nodded and looked over Valo's chart's in her hand.

"I had to double check because it rarely happens, especially in your race, '' she stated with a big smile. "But it does happen and that seems to be the case with you"!

"I have something wrong with me and you're smiling," Valo asked, truly confused now. Augusta chuckled and patted the seat next to her. Valo sighed and sat down by her friend, she hated when she did this.

"Valo, Mating Fever is when two beings from the sea come together and by some unexplained occurrence they are so compatible, they are able to pass the limitations of regular matting and can have children whenever they want," Augusta explained excitedly. Valo was slack jawed, she had heard everything that her long time friend had said but she must've heard wrong.

"That's not possible".

"Well, guess what, it is. He's been acting weird too right, pupils dilated, really into it every time you guys are headed in that direction"? Valo shook her head in disbelief.