Unexpected

With Valo

Valo had been swimming around her apartment, cleaning up, checking for every small detail and honestly driving herself crazy since she had gotten home from work that morning. She hadn't been this nervous, since she had finally moved out of her parents house. She couldn't even fully blame it on nerves, she was also excited.

It had been a few days since her and Abe had been at the lab and things couldn't have gone any better. To finally put a title on their relationship and not tip-toeing around their feelings anymore, but that wasn't the only reason she was so over the moon. Found out Abe was kind of a baby making machine, not only did he have a high sperm count but as gross as it sounds it was also very strong.

They were all shocked, Abe most of all to say the least. It was already a difficult situation getting the samples, since it was embarrassing enough he had to admit that he'd never actually masturbated before. But after the initial awkwardness and finding other methods to get the samples they needed, she could say for herself that he was very pleased with the outcome.

Augusta and Barak's were pleased too, with Valo being a tip top physical condition and the discovery of Abe's "fruitfulness", most of their worries about mating were thrown out the window. Cecaelia were very fertile themselves and Valo's body was giving off all the right signs. Now, they just had to handle the extreme symptoms they were having from the Mating Fever, hence why Valo suddenly became a neat freak. Abe was coming over to stay with her for the next two weeks.

Barak suggested that the problem could be that Valo and Abe technically didn't live in the same environment. Abe lived on land and since he had taken on a role to watch Liz or help her during the day while Hellboy worked, he rarely spent the night. Most potential mates lived in the same surroundings and didn't have to travel to completely different environments to see each other. And Valo's job didn't help, sometimes she was gone up to a week on assignments. Augusta had mentioned her reproductive system going in overdrive even days after seeing Abe, so many this really was the problem. So, the only solution was to move him in, so to speak.

Their friends had suggested Abe integrate himself into Valo's daily life. Become truly familiar with her home, habits and culture. This could possibly calm down the effects of the Mating Fever, but they were not for sure how long. There was no record of anyone trying to avoid mating before, even out of cases like this. But that didn't bother Valo, honestly after talking to Abe she felt much better.

She took a pause, looking around the room and approving of it. As she did, she thought back on what Abe had said, not making this about mating and being natural about it. The more and more she thought about it, the more and more she thought about it, the more she wondered what their first time was like. Abe was a virgin, would she have to take the lead on it, or would his instincts lead him? She also wondered what would happen if they actually got pregnant, started a family?

Her hand traveled down and rested on her stomach, imagining it big and round, filled with their eggs. She chuckled to herself, just a week ago the thought of imaging such things frightened her a bit. But now she felt more secure in her feelings and the thought of creating the next generation of her race, her partner being Abe, it gave her a warm feeling all over. She heard her doorbell ring and she felt her stomach flutter. It had to be Abe, she thought and zipped towards the door.

She took one more look around her apartment from the door and gave herself a onceover in the mirror. When she was sure everything was perfect, she took a large breath and opened the door. But as soon as she opened the door, she was met with a sight that left her gaping in terror.

With Abe

"Are you going to need condoms or do they have things like that down there," Liz asked, sitting in one of Abe's chairs and sipping her tea.