Beginners Luck

A/N: Not my video but I thought this was so cool!

Valo's POV

This was probably the only time that Valo hated her job. She had been hoping to spend some more time with this mysterious fishman, before they had called her away like that. He was so strange, but interesting to her. She still couldn't get all the things that he had shown her out of her head, it was like they were one mind and soul. She could feel, smell and hear everything as it passed her. She wondered when she would see him again, he asked for her number so he wanted to right? Was she being too presumptuous, he wanted to learn about the underwater world, surely it had nothing to do with her, right? Besides, she didn't need some fit, tall fish with big blue eyes-

"OOOOOOWWWWWW," she suddenly yelled out and snapped her head in the direction of the mermaid next to her. "Augusta what the hell, I oughta rip your tail off for that".

Valo nodded towards the needle that was in one of the veins of her arm. She hated needles, got poked by a giant sea urchin when she was a little girl and has never forgotten it. The mermaid nonchalantly smiled and took out the needle and placed it with the other samples. Augusta was a mermaid with creamy white skin and blue cropped hair. Her fin was blue with black stripes and yellow on the tip, like Dory, whoever the hell that is. Whenever someone from Valo's field returned to headquarters, they had to have samples of blood and saliva taken to make sure they didn't come back from these unknown places with unknown diseases. Augusta was in charge of keeping Valo healthy.

"Well I did try to warn you, but you were so far off in nowhere land," she said, before turning back to Valo and leaned against her desk. "But, I wanted to ask you, what's going on, you've been weird ever since I called you".

"Um well....". Valo got up from the table she was sitting on and leaned against the examination table. Augusta brow arched in curiosity and she nodded slowly, urging Valo to go on and tell what it was. "I may have met a guy".

Augusta let out a breath of relief and held her webbed hand to her chest. "Thank goodness, I thought you were going to tell me that you finally cracked out of desperation and agreed to go on a date with Atiu".

Atiu was an Adaro, a creature with a shark fin, humanoid upper body and large shark fin behind a straight horn on his head. They were big, strong and did not like humans very much...yeah not her type. The thought of their first meeting, him hitting on her and coming on way too strong made her shudder.

"Ew no and hey, thanks Augusta, it's good to know that you have so much faith in my abilities at making a healthy relationship," Valo in mock hurt. She slowly made her way to the door as Augusta smiled and rolled her eyes. She reached out and grabbed one of Valo's tentacles.

"You know I don't mean it that way," she said. "But come on who is this guy, is he cute"?

"Yeah he's good looking, not from around here though," Valo said smiling, she thought back on Abe's nice slime build and handsome face . Augusta snickered and shrugged.

"Who cares about that, I want to know what you like about him, does he like you, have you kissed yet, how long have you known him, has he been a secret, have you been hiding a man from your best friend and does he have a friend"?

"Well yea to the last question, but he's engaged to his pregnant fiance". Augusta snapped her fingers and cursed under her breath. "But it's nothing like that, we just met today and I showed him around a bit".

"Weeeelllllll"? Augusta sat there waiting for an answer, while Vola had no idea what she wanted from her. Augusta let out a heavy sigh and gave Valo a playful shove. "Come on, does he want to see you again, did you get asked on a date, details, details"!