Just Another Day

A/N:Song is not mind, but who doesn't love AC/DC on the cello! Also, just to not confuse you guys if you see words written like this, it means they're talking through the phone. It was the only way I could write this in my head, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference, it just made it easier for me. If you have to forget about the phone text, just throw it away!

With Abe

Liz and Hellboy both watched their friend from the island in their kitchen. He was sitting in the living room, in front of the tv, but not paying any attention to it. His attention was on the shellphone sitting at the coffee table in front of him. He had gotten up that morning, played with his rotten eggs more than ate them, then got up and said he was going to call Valo. That was about almost an hour ago.

"Do you think he's ever gonna do it," Hellboy whispered to Liz. She shushed him, hoping Abe hadn't heard.

"He's just probably nervous," she replied, not taking her eyes off the fish man. "This is his first time inviting a girl over".

"But he's just sitting there," he pointed out. Liz nodded her head, he wasn't wrong. The guy had hardly moved the entire time, it was a bit scary. He looked like he would make the phone explode, if he looked at it any harder.

"Maybe he needs a little push.....go over there and help him Red," she cocked her head in Abe's direction. Hellboy put his hands up and shook his head.

"Uh uh, I helped with this dinner idea," he said and thumbed in Abe's direction. "Your turn".

Liz rolled her eyes and snatched a piece of bacon off Hellboy's plate.

"Hey"! She ignored his cry and walked over to their friend, rolling her eyes. When she walked over to Abe, he hadn't even lifted his head. He still didn't notice her when she made her way to his side. It wasn't until she finally put a hand on his shoulder did he finally come to life.

"I'm going to do it I swear," he almost yelled out. Liz stepped back and raised her hands in a surrender motion.

"Whoa, it's just me," she chuckled. Abe sighed and let his head fall in his webbed hands. "I was just coming to check on you. You've been over here for a while just....sitting".

"I'm sorry, my mind is just everywhere right now," he sighed. He looked back to the phone and felt a race on anxiety run through him. He had never been so nervous before about doing something so simple. Liz could see the confliction on his face and gave a sad smile.

"Are you nervous she's going to say no," she asked, softly. He turned to her and shrugged.

"I'm more nervous about bringing into-I can't even call this my world, I don't even know where I come from," he admitted.

"Hey, but she understands that," Liz said, sitting down next to him. "Does she not like that you're from up here".

"No," he shook his head. "She thinks it's fascinating, but she comes from this beautiful place and exciting life and me,well....I just don't want her to be disappointed".

He wouldn't admit it, but he was a bit afraid that Valo would get a glimpse of his life and run the other way. He desperately wanted to impress her and show her that the world above wasn't so bad. Even though Valo had never made a bad comment about the world above, Abe could tell the place made her a little uncomfortable. She had been so patient with him, showing him her world and introducing him to new things. He wanted to do the same for her.

Liz gave Abe's shoulder a reassuring little shake. "Hey, we are going to make this the best damn dinner date ever! We're going to have fun and I'm going to figure out how to cook something that won't kill us all and she is going to be knocked off her feet".