seven

******************************

"She's got you mesmerized, while I die"

******************************

Thursday
4 January 1977
8:38 a.m.
Great Hall

Almost two months had passed and the Marauders haven't changed. Remus and Heather still canoodled wherever they could, but Sirius had learned to tolerate it. He just had to focus on not stabbing Heather when she sat near in, but other than that, they were on okay terms.

In fact, Sirius had indeed gone out of his way multiple times to talk to Heather. She didn't really seem interested at first, but Sirius kept on talking or her, and eventually, they became, well, Sirius wouldn't call it friends, so maybe just acquaintances. Remus enjoyed seeing Sirius and Heather talk. He was worried at first about their friendship, but as long as they got along, Remus was happy.

They had just came back from Christmas holiday and Sirius was feeling better than ever. He had wrote a lot in his journal and that seemed to occupy most of his time. He rarely left his room, other than for food and water, and he was fine with it. He didn't particularly want to see his mother favoring Regulus over him for any longer than he had to.

When the holiday ended, Sirius was more than happy to go back to Hogwarts. He missed his friends more than ever and even though they had sent owls to each other during break, it wasn't the same. When he met up with James, Remus, and Peter on the train, he nearly tackled them all in excitement. What was there to say? He was glad to be back.

On the fourth of January, Sirius sat in the Great Hall eating his breakfast. He tried to eat in peace, but James kept nagging him about coming to watch him play in his Quidditch game that night.

"Why can't you come? It's one of the biggest games of the year!" James complained.

"I've got two essays to finish and I have to complete a lab for Potions! I don't have the time. I'm sure Remus will come and he'll bring Heather with him. And you have Peter! They'll cheer you on."

"Why did you quit anyways? You were good!"

"Too many guys. Would've gotten a hard-on in the locker room and they would've seen. Rather save my dignity than lose it to straight men seeing me get a boner from looking at their dicks."

James groaned and rested his head on the table as Peter walked into the Great Hall and sat next to James.

"What's he moping about?" He asked.

"Wants me to come to his game but I can't. Do you hear me James? I'm not coming!" Sirius said as he took another bite of his toast.

"What are we not going to?" Remus said as he and Heather took a seat next to Sirius.

"No, you three are going," Sirius said as he pointed to Heather, Peter, and Remus. "I've got a shit ton of work to get done by tomorrow and I need the extra time! I want to actually sleep tonight, rather than feeling like a zombie all day tomorrow."

"Why, so you don't miss your date?" James said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Fuck off, Potter. That's none of your business."