eighteen

******************************

"You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester. But you like her better"

******************************

Sunday
18 February 1977
8:32 a.m.
Great Hall

Remus decided to get up early the next day. He had too much on his mind to sleep, anyways.

He sat in the common room for about an hour until breakfast started, and then made his way to the Great Hall peacefully.

He sat eating his food silently, reading his book as he did so. He had finished in about twenty minutes, but not wanting to run into Sirius, he remained seated in the Great Hall, reading his book silently, for another hour or so.

That is, until, James and Peter day across from him and Sirius stood next to him. He eyed the seat carefully, eyes darting between Remus and it, before James looked between the two and sighed.

"Mate, just sit next to Moony. Push your weird feelings aside for half an hour and eat. He won't bite."

Sirius scoffed. "Not too sure about that."

Remus turned to him. "If you've got something to say, Black, just say it to my face."

Sirius' eyes darkened, a storm brewing in the grey orbs. "All I'm saying is that I'm not the one who told the guy who has a boyfriend that he lo—"

"Hey guys!" Charles said enthusiastically, cutting Sirius off unexpectedly. Remus almost sighed in relief.

Sirius moved over, making room for Charles next to him, once again, acting like a barrier between the two.

He seemed a lot like a barrier between the two these days.

He kissed Sirius tenderly before pulling away and reaching for a piece of toast. Sirius smirked at Remus, who was watching his every move, and mouthed "fuck you" before turning to his eggs.

Remus snorted at his actions and continued to read his book. Sirius eyed him carefully and then turned back to James and Peter.

The three talked for a bit before Charles whispered something to Sirius, kissed his forehead, and ran out of the Hall. Sirius didn't seem bothered by it, as he continued eating his breakfast, so Remus shook it off. He was doing fine, being this close to Sirius, until Sirius spoke again.

"Sorry you guys had to stay out of the dormitory for a bit yesterday," Sirius said with an innocent smile.

Are you kidding me?

Remus gripped his book hard. Don't you fucking dare, Black.

"It's no problem," James said with a smirk. "I'm guessing you two wanted the dormitory for something that I really don't want to talk about?"

Sirius looked at Remus subtly and bit his lip. "Yeah," he said with a small laugh.

James leaned in a bit so only Sirius, and, well, Remus could hear, Peter being distracted by the food.