fifteen

******************************

"What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than the blue sky"

******************************

Friday
14 February 1977
2:17 p.m.
Potions Classroom

Remus hadn't spoke to Sirius since the day before. And he wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he was dying. It hurt not to talk to Sirius. But he knew Sirius didn't want to talk to him, and he really didn't fancy getting murdered, so he didn't dare glance at him.

But that definitely didn't mean he wasn't still mad at Sirius.

Remus sat at his table in Potions with James, Frank Longbottom, and Sirius. And it was just Remus' luck that he was partners with Sirius.

The four boys listened to Professor Slughorn drone on about the Cure for Boils while Sirius bit his nails. He was quite excited about the ball, but he was also nervous. Sure, he had come out, but how would people react to seeing two boys at the ball together? Would they stare, laugh even? Thoughts flooded his mind as he blocked out Slughorn's words. He was only snapped back into his thoughts when he noticed everyone start to open their books.

"Huh?" Sirius said as he looked around.

"We're brewing the cure. Were you not listening?" Remus said as he opened his book and avoided eye contact with Sirius. He had decided finally that it was easiest to be cold to Sirius than to make up. He didn't want to, but if he ever wanted to talk to Sirius again, he would need to be rude to him.

"Cure for w-what?" Sirius stuttered as he looked at Remus.

"Boils. Pay attention next time, Black."

Sirius almost flinched at how Remus said his name and he blushed slightly as he opened his book. He opened his mouth to speak but Remus spoke before he got the chance. "You know what? You don't have to help with the potion. I've got it."

Sirius gulped as he blushed harder and looked down at his book. "O-Ok. Sorry."

Sirius carefully watched Remus as he read over the ingredients in his book. He watched as Remus softly bit his lip while frowning. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were narrowed as he dropped some of the ingredients in the cauldron. Sirius continued to watch Remus make the cure until Remus turned to look at him. Sirius quickly looked down at his book and blushed. He was panting slightly as he waited for Remus to look away from him.

"I'm done, if you're wondering," Remus said as he sat down and began to answer the questions that went along with the process. The two went through the questions awkwardly and neither of them didn't bother to look up at the other throughout the whole process.

As class ended, Sirius watched Remus rush out of the classroom and disappear around the corner. He sighed as he thought about him.

I'm so fucking sick of being mean to him.

I miss him so much. I don't even care if he's in my life as my boyfriend; I'd be fine with him being my friend.

I just want him back in my life.

Sirius sighed as he walked to the common room. On his way there, he passed Charles in the corridor. He immediately smiled when he saw him and Charles copied his actions.