twenty-six

******************************

Saturday
10 March 1977
8:04 a.m.
Great Hall

"Prongs is gonna make people say it, you know."

Remus' eyes immediately darted to the empty seat next to Peter before he turned to look at Sirius, a small smile on his face.

"I know. I can't stop him. It's fine, though."

Sirius smiled as Remus looked back to his book, picking at his food slightly as he turned the page.

Sirius sighed, leaning his head on Remus' shoulder as he closed his eyes and smiled.

Minutes went by, and the two sat in silence as Peter and Remus continued eating, Sirius basking in Remus' scent.

"Merlin, where the hell even is Prongs?"

Remus laughed as he put down his book and kissed Sirius on the head, turning towards the door to the Hall, where, coincidentally, James Potter was walking up to their table with a smile on his face.

"Target in view," Remus murmured, nodding his head towards the boy.

Sirius looked eagerly, and huffed as James sat down and grabbed a piece of toast.

"Hello my fellow gremlins," he said happily, eating a bit of the bread.

"I'm appalled! How could you? Me, a gremlin?" Sirius said, a hand over his heart dramatically.

"Oh, excuse me," James said, holding up his hands defensively. "You two gremlins and Satan himself."

Sirius flipped James off and rolled his eyes, earning a bark of laughter from all three of the boys.

"So," Remus said as the noise faded, eyes locked on his book. "Why aren't you at the front of the Hall?"

James snorted. "Just wanted to say hello before I make you blush in front of the entire school."

Remus smiled sarcastically as he looked up at James, nodding slightly as he suddenly stuck out his tongue.

James laughed again, before he took his toast and stood back up, starting to walk away, but turning back to Sirius for a moment before he did so.

"Kiss your boyfriend 'I'm sorry' for me, will you?" He said, looking to Remus with a smirk.

"I'll kiss him 'I'm not sorry' for you if it means I get to kiss him!"

Remus frowned and slapped Sirius in the arm, glaring at him. "You don't need a reason to kiss me, you blockhead."

Sirius smiled as he turned and pecked Remus on the lips, humming a bit. "I know."

Remus watched as James rolled his eyes playfully and waved to the three boys, skipping happily towards the professor's table.

Sirius sighed, narrowing his eyes slightly when James tapped a second year on the shoulder, motioning for her to stand up before he climbed on the table, earning a few groans and cheers from other students.