one

{ Flashback / Third Person POV }

Alastair Boudreaux- was a wealthy man because he had old money that belonged to his family, who always had some sort of ties within the mafia.

Alastair married a beautiful and wealthy woman named Cora. Not long after they had gotten married, they found out that Cora was pregnant with their very first child.

It all happened so quick.

Nine months later Cora gave birth to their son, Ander Eros Boudreaux. Who came out to be a perfect mix between the two of them.

Cora had always dreamed of being a wife and mother as most girls do.... but she also was very aware that this life wasn't a fairytale where you ended up living happily ever after.

She was so full of light, that only Alastair had the power to dim.. and he did so knowingly.

Anyone looking in from the outside would've thought that Cora's and Alastair's relationship was the perfect dream. They were a very wealthy married couple, who were protected by the mafia without having to get their hands dirty, they even had a healthy and beautiful son. Everyone knew Cora loved Alastair, and everyone loved his charm. Most assumed he loved her as well.
And maybe he did, but if he did then he clearly didn't know how to love.

When their son Ander was four years old, Alastair went on business trip from Greece to America, and he found himself in a bar when he met— Scarlett Castellanos . Her father was American and she was visiting him that summer and through the fall.. but her mother was Greek, and when winter hit she would eventually move back to Greece.

Scarlett was gorgeous. She was full of life, and had the body of a model. Her being half Greek was a bonus. Alastair spent the whole night until the bar closed drinking with her. When it was time for them to go their separate ways Alastair just wouldn't let her go. He knew it was wrong, after all they were both drunk, Scarlett more so than him. She was a stumbling mess but still he took her back to his hotel telling himself that she couldn't make it home in her state.

Which may have been true, but as wealthy as he was he could've rented her a separate room or a ride home. He thought about it but shook that thought right out of his head.

He took advantage of her....
He knew it was wrong....

But she was flirting with him in the bar...

As if that's an excuse...

———

The next morning Scarlett woke up with a pounding headache, completely confused as to why she was so sore. Then she realized she lost her virginity to some random guy in a suit, that she flirted with at a fancy bar. Reality hit her like a train.