nineteen

{ her outfit above }
{ Andrea's POV }

Today I woke up and got dressed for the breakfast in the library with Ander.

I wear something I never have since I married Samuele. I wear some fancier work out clothes knowing that I want to go to their training today after breakfast. I do my hair in braids, and don't waste time doing makeup knowing that later on it will sweat off.

————

Once I enter the library, I can see Ander is already sitting down having coffee. I have water and fruit while he eats coffee and eggs. It's what we asked for.

"I have a request, I would like to ask you."
I tell Ander as we start eating

"What is it?" He questions

I sip my water and say "I want to join the training that you have planned for today."

He studies me for a second.

"Not even Isabel, or Roslyn train with us on days like today. It's strictly for the bosses. Meaning neither underbosses, or wives train with us." Ander says

"Lucky for everyone I'm soon to be neither of those things any longer." I reply

"But you are still technically a wife." He reminds me

"I'm not a bosses wife anymore, correct? I may still be married to the bastard, but he isn't a boss or even apart of this family anymore. Meaning my current marriage  situation doesn't matter." I tell him

"Still no." He says firmly

I raise an eyebrow slightly shaking my head. That firm no isn't going to work. I need this.

"I was asked by Artemis to take over being the boss before he died. I chose for you to take over instead, not because I wasn't ready but because I didn't want to be the boss. I don't do well with all the responsibilities, and titles. I was trained longer than you, and I'm sure I can handle it. Maybe even better than you. No offense. Just let me show you, if I can't take it or get severely injured then I'll walk away and admit that you were right.. but I need this, please let me get rid of some anger. I have a lot built up."
I tell him

He just stares at me for a while then stands up and says "Come with me, we'll spar until everyone else gets there, and when they get there if I feel you can handle it then I'll break my own rule, and allow you to train.. if not you either leave or sit with Roslyn, Isabel, and Charlotte. Is that clear?"

"Yes boss." I say mockingly

————

Ander and I arrive in the training area, and
I notice it hasn't changed since I lived here. He hands me a wooden stick like the ones Jason and I use to spar with and he takes the other one for himself.

"I'm assuming you've done this before.."
Ander says

I nod

"Did Artemis teach you?" I ask him back

He nods saying yes.