nine

{ Andrea's outfit above }
{ Andrea's POV }

I spent all day people watching at the mall for a sense of entertainment.

I may not be able to get out of this marriage, but I don't have to continue to obey him like some freakishly obedient, and highly trained lap dog. No.
I wasn't raised to be pathetic or to take all of this.
I was raised to be respectful when respected, and strong no matter the circumstance. My loved ones wanted more for me than this. I was raised to be strong willed and even raise hell if needed.
I guess I forgot that.

I think you have to hit your limit and then you realize that you don't have to take it just because it's expected of you.

I've never said a word or really even talked back for a year, and honestly it wasn't ever easy, and I'm kind of use to it now.

But I shouldn't have to be..

I miss good arguments, and the freedom you feel when you speak up.

I'm not their definition of a woman, or trophy wife... but maybe that's because they've never met anyone like me. I'm not their normal, or Samuele's dream, and honestly I don't really want to be.

I'm something completely unknown to them.. and there's something about that, that I honestly like.

————

Seeing Donte snooping through Samuele's files, and not having trust nor respect for him just proved my thoughts to be correct. Now at least I know others around him are seeing that he shouldn't be the Don.

Isla nearly jumping and seeming so afraid and tense around him has worried me. So despite me wanting her to stay close to me — for her safety and sanity
I need to let her go.

Until I get something figured out.

————

Being Samuele asked me to get something for tonight I decided to listen. However not in the way he expected.

I did buy a new outfit and as my shirt I'm wearing the lingerie Samuele suggested for our 'alone time' which will only possibly happen over my dead body. I'm not trying to catch a disease, only God knows what he's got. Much less will I ever be with someone in that way who doesn't respect me or my body.
Not to mention the fact that I don't trust him, not even in the slightest anymore.

My outfit kind of has a sexy business vibe to it and it's unlike anything Samuele asks or orders me to wear... but a change is a start, in a new direction. That I for one am deeply curious about walking into.

————

I arrive back at the mansion, and I go inside only to find all of them already half way through dinner.

"We started early, I forgot to call you." Samuele says showing no sign of being sorry, and he almost wears a smile. Then his eyes catch my outfit, and his eye twitches. That's never happened before.

"Oh it's alright, I already ate at the mall."
I say giving my best fake smile

"What are you wearing?" Samuele asks through clenched teeth, and clearly not keeping it cool