5. Get Out of My Head

[Olivia's POV]

The next day of school, it started in a same old, same old track. Students ignore my presence, Mark and his goons gives me their trashy good morning shove at me which involved hitting my books to the ground that I have to pick up for the 55th time. But the different part was how the Cullens gave me their obvious observing glances at me every chance they get to see me in different classes or periods. It was just as I expected but Mr Mind Reader was a no-show, guess he needed to take care of his thirst.

Speaking of Bella, she also gives me this looks of pity and anger everytime Mark and his friends make their way to mess with me. I tried reading her mind but I can't get anything. I concluded that Edward is probably frustrated at that fact of Bella.

Days passed, I've noticed not only the Cullens have their interest in staring at me all day in school but Bella is kinda growing on me and continuously looking for Edward. Can't she be too obvious.

But one cloudy day, Bella's spirits were lifted up seeing Edward back in school on lunch period. Finally, this girl needs to cheer up sometime. He was just sitting on his spot of the Cullen's table.
From my view Edward and Bella had been exchanging glances to each other but deep down I can tell Edward is trying to read her again but no avail seeing his creased frustrated lines on his forehead.

I decided to just leave him in his drama since I'm finally having a quiet time which I rarely have in school. Mark and his friends were busy settling for their football team tryout. So I opened a fictional novel that I just bought and started reading.

Less than 2 minutes, I can feel something, or someone attempting in breaking my mental walls to get through in my mind. But there's only one person who could do that in this damned highschool. My face from blank turned to slightly angered as I slowly twist my head to the Cullens table seeing as they were already looking at me but Edward was more in a focused glare at me gritting his teeth he can feel the walls around my head.

Good thing I made sure to put them on

Good thing I made sure to put them on. I glared back at him returning the same ticked off look and scowled. The both of us are in this mental tug of war. Til I stated in my head letting Edward hear this one only

"GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD"

With that, the bronze haired man stopped his persistence and softened his look with a slight shock to me. Recovering himself quick and back to his family. That'll outta teach him a lesson.
_________________________

[Third Person POV]

*Back at Cullens' table*

When Edward tried to read Bella's mind, only for him to fail again, he groans lowly enough to make Emmett chuckle at Edward's vain efforts. Jasper remained calm along with Alice but Rose was not finding this fun at all.

Edward tries to shut any thoughts coming from Emmett since they were mostly filled with tease from his failure earlier.

Alice started "No thought from Bella?"
He shakes his head in response