BD2: XIII. Such a Prize

[Third Person POV]

As Aro had been burned to death in the vision. He was suddenly transported back to the field before the battle and it's clear that the battle was a vision that Alice was showing Aro of his future if he continued his course. His eyes snapped open with a terrified expression, and met Olivia's across the field, she smirks proudly at what she had also saw from the vision Alice had shown him.

Alice began "Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course" she spat

Caius walked closer whispering to Aro "We cannot alter our course. The children still posed a grave threat."

Edward shouted "But what if you were sure they could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?" he asked

"Of course. But that cannot be known." Caius retorts

"Actually, it can." Edward said

Then, they all see two more witnesses, walking in from the woods, wearing native clothes. They came and stand next to Alice.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil." the pixie vampire explains

Caius snaps "We have enough witnesses."

Aro puts up a hand stopping Caius "Let him speak, brother." the blonde king was taken aback but listens to Aro.

"I am half human, half vampire. Like the children" the unexpected male witness name Nahuel spoke "A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

Olivia sparks up at the mention of him being a hybrid. This could mean some hope after all.

"How old are you?" Bella asked

"A hundred and fifty years." Nahuel answered Bella

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asked him

"I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then" he answered

Carlisle and Olivia turned to each other in relief, and smiled back to their son.

Aro asks again "And your diet?"

"Blood, human food." Nahuel shrugs "I can survive on either. I have heard also, that you have another hybrid in your midst." he turns his body to look at Olivia. Everyone followed his gaze

"What of you? Your growth, diet, and time you were turned?" Nahuel asked her this time

She steps forward a bit "I was turned when I was 14, the change did not completely work because of my powers. I stopped aging 7 years later, can live with blood and human food. Same as you." she answered

Marcus begins to speak in his ghastly voice "These children are much like us." relieved too

Caius scoffs "Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies."

Aro puts a hand on Caius' shoulder to him stop with his snide comments. Then Aro turns, addressing his army

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today."

Some of the Volturi look disappointed, including Caius and Jane, and Alec. But they all listen to Aro and bolts away leaving the clear snow field, but before Aro could leave, he turns and stared at the witnesses.

His eyes travelled to look at Alice and Bella, but his bloody orbs lingered the longest on Olivia.

"Such a prize." he whispers to himself and speeds away, joining his coven.

After Aro and his army left, the other began to cheer up. But the Romanian coven such as Vladimir and Stefan steps up closer

 But the Romanian coven such as Vladimir and Stefan steps up closer

"We have them on the run. Now is the time to attack!" Vladimir said excitingly

Carlisle turns to them and whispered sternly "Not today." then he joins standing next to his wife.

Stefan couldn't believe what he was saying "You're all fools!" he exclaims getting the attention from the other witnesses "The Volturi might be gone. But they will never forgive what happened here."

The Cullens and their witnesses did not mind them, and went back cheering to themselves. Vladimir and Stefan turned to leave in anger. Everyone else rejoices in the fact that they did not have to fight the Volturi.

Carlisle and Olivia connected their lips together, she lets out a small giggle as Carlisle lifts her up slightly as he twirls her around kissing her neck.

When he puts her back on land, they both turn to see Alice and Jasper coming in close.

Alice pulls Olivia away from Carlisle taking her in a group hug with Jasper.

"You were awesome!" Alice squealed

"To be honest, I was terrified to get that vision of you from Alice. She described and drew you perfectly with the fire" Jasper said with a smirk

"Wish I could've done better than that." Olivia responded earning chuckles from Alice and Jasper.

Carlisle interrupts in confused "What are you guys talking about?" he asked

"In the vision, if Aro had his way. Olivia used her power to burn him to ashes" Alice praised her. Carlisle gives her the impressed look.

Edwin gets off from Jacob's back, running towards Alice and Jasper hugging them tightly. The couple responded back to the boy.

Then Edwin turns to his parents hugging them both as well. All of the Cullens and the witnesses let out joyful laughs at their victory.

Thanking that there had been no war caused, no lives lost, nor loved ones had died. They were finally free from the clutches of the Volturi.