BD: V. Decisions

[Carlisle's POV]

*Next day*

It's been a pretty good day spending time with my wife and my son. Today we've been trying to help Edwin say his basic words. Everyone was present in the living room, though Rosalie, Esme, Olivia and I are. Jasper and Emmett were in the kitchen reading newspapers. Alice was out taking a few flowers from the forest to place it for decoration in the kitchen.

Here I am holding my baby son, Edwin, letting him face Olivia who has been making funny faces for him, succeeding in making our son laugh. The rest already found this amusing.

"Come on little Ed, say mama" Olivia says to Edwin

Suddenly he lets out a kiddy gurgle "Ma!"

Everyone of us was surprised, even I was too. I bet he's gonna be a momma's boy for sure.

I praised him happily "Very good, now can you say, dada?" I twist his body so Edwin can face me too

"Da!" doing the same thing as he the way he said it before. All of us looked at each other laughing happily for Edwin.

"You said it" I carried him higher like he was reaching for the sky, earning more giggles from him and slowly brought him down to reach my mouth level so I can place a small kiss on his forehead.

Everything became tense when we heard Alice intake a break from the top of the staircase, her eyes became distant like usual when she sees a vision. But it's different, all of us turned to her worriedly.

"Alice?" Olivia asks her in concern

"I need to check on Bella" she abruptly grabbed the cellphone nearby dialing Edward's number.

She puts it close to her ear waiting for them to answer. Our focus was now on Alice. "Bella? Are you alright?" she asked to the phone

"Why? What's wrong? You just..." Alice suddenly trails on her words, unsure on what to say.

She turns to me giving me the eye signals to talk to them. "Here's Carlisle"
Alice stretches the phone at me.

I carefully hand Edwin to Olivia, it's like he sensed my distress and went to his mother with open arms. I stood up from the couch taking the phone in hand

"Bella, what's going on?" I asked

"I don't know. I'm a little worried. Can vampires go into shock?" she says, her voice unsure and concern.

Even I grow worried for my other son "Has Edward been harmed?"

"No, I know that it's impossible. But I think that I'm pregnant"

I became silent for a moment, stealing a glance at Olivia who was paying attention to Edwin.

Suddenly I hear Bella groaning on the phone "Woah! Carlisle, I swear, something just moved inside me"

Before I could reply, sounds can be heard from the phone and it seems that Edward is using the phone now

"Is this even possible?" he asks me.

I shake my head with a sigh "Not really, I don't know"

I can hear Bella talking on background "What's he saying?"

"The sooner Bella's here, the sooner we can find out what it is. I need you to get to the mainland at once" I requested Edward on the phone

"Yeah, yeah I will" Edward ended the call.

I let out a deep sigh before turning to the others. Who all looked at me with 'What's happening?'

I give out the answer "Bella might be pregnant"