Fun fair

1 week later

"There's a fun fair in 2 towns over and I was thinking of asking Oscar to go with me. Is that weird? Like will he be ok with it?"

Cesar stopped walking and looked directly into Ruby's eyes before asking how he felt about his brother.

"Ummm....I don't know yet. Like I don't know what he thinks is me. And staying here isn't a permanent thing."

"Do you think it could be permanent if you really like each other?"

Ruby just kept walking. Thinking. Could he really stay here? Was he allowed? How would he's cousins feel?

"I think he would love to go with you." Throwing his arm over his shoulder he leaned in and whispered "have fun."

--------

"Ok I can do this. Just go in and ask if he says no I'll play it as a joke. Ok. Let's do it?"

"What are whispering about."

Ok I'm gonna do it hopefully I won't get punched. Wait why would I get punched. Stop overthinking ruby it'll be fine.

"I was wondering if maybe you would...um....like to go...to a fair with me? You can say no. It was just a suggestion but don't feel obligated to."

Spooky smiled. A genuine smile only for ruby now a days. It's funny how he used to never smile. Never be happy. Now thanks to ruby he's happy every time he's around.

"Your silence is no. Got it."

"No no no. I'm happy. Yes I'll go. I'll drive yeah?"

"Really!"

He didn't have time to reply before he was jumped on. Ruby wrapped his legs around he's waist and arms around his shoulders.

Spooky wrapped one arm around his waist and the other under his butt for support.

"Wow happy."

"Yes I was a little worried that you'd say no or hit me or something."

Whispering into Ruby's hair he said seriously "Ruby I would never ever hit you. That's now love. Never accept something like that."

"Humm. I'm tired now that the tension has melted." Ruby said into his neck.

"Ok let's go to bed." He walked over pulled the covers back and laid Ruby down gently. Covering him up he laid down beside him ready for the next day.

---------

Halfway through the night they somehow spooned. Ruby being the little spoon obviously.

It's like a normal thing for them now. They fall asleep not too far away not too close to each other and then they somehow spoon or cuddle.

And they like it. It's nice having someone beside you keeping you safe. Just being there. It's nice not feeling so alone.

---------

Today's the day they both go to the fair.

Ruby's seen the pictures and he's excited. He just hopes that it looks like it did online or he'll be super disappointed.

"I'm gonna get ready."

"I'm done so I'll just pack some food. We'll probably get take out as well."

"Awesome! I'll only be a couple minutes."

(1 hour later)

"Can I change the song?"