L'aventure

Si je partais à l'aventure, j'en prendrais une.

-------

It was a lovely night out from a woman at the Ferris booth slipping spooky her number. He ripped it in front of her and said he was simply 'taken'.

They went on the Ferris wheel after dinner and kissed at the very top as cliche as it sounds. I know.

Honestly though It's nice to have someone. To not feel so lonely. To feel loved. If you were to die tomorrow morning at least it wouldn't be a virgin. Ya know?

Anyway ruby was nervous as hell as usual. However this time he had good reason to be.
He was .... coming out of the closet. It's horrible to think you won't be accepted.

Although he has a gay cousin he still feels tense.

So he walked into his biological mothers house 3 days after the arriving back from the fair. Head held high and following the woman he used to call his 'mother'.

He doesn't anymore. To have that title is to be that title. To do the things a mother should to and NOT abandon their children.

Getting off topic. So he walked in and sat at a small round wooden table only big enough for 2. 3 if you're lucky but still.

"I'm so glad that you decided to talk to me. I missed you so much." Ruby's mom looked weird like he couldn't tell if she meant it or not but he'd play along.

"Why'd you leave me? Why'd you never come back?"

She looked hesitant to answer but settled on a mere
"It's complicated" quote. That seemed to get him upset.

"I've wasted my time. Thinking about you. Thinking I wasn't good enough for you when the fact is you're not good enough for me."

She tried to interrupt but he held up his hand to silence her.

"No. I came here. You said you wanted to talk you won't answer my questions. That's fine. I'm done. This was you're chance and you didn't take advantage of it. Now you've lost me."

He power walked to the door and picked up his bag his discarded earlier. Not wanting to turn around and let her see how much she got to him.

"Ruby please don't go. I love you but I can't tell you why I had to go yet. Please just stay."

At that ruby turned around and the tears started spilling from his eyes rolling down his reddened cheeks.

"All my life I thought I wasn't wanted. I over compensated thinking that if I didn't everyone would just leave me and that's because of you. You know IM GAY."

"What?"

Ruby didn't say anything else just played with a loose strand of hair and at that moment he looked unbothered but in reality he was shaking in his boots.

As much as he says he don't need validation he does. He can't take rejection from his mom. As bad as she may be.

"That's disgusting. That's a sin. You need to go to church. You know there's a really good conversation camp an hour away. Lily went and she went from dyke to respectable girl."

"So you think it's disgusting. I don't. This is the way I was born same way as people borne transgender people. They were born in the wrong body that's all but they were born that way."

She looked deep into his eyes and said calmly "it's a sin and a mental illness. Both of them are".

"Well then you don't need to be in my life and I won't be in yours. This should be the last time we speak."