Cutting Ties (Au Revoir Adios)

Summary: Many say Izuku holds too much power. Others say that my son can't be trusted with the power he acquired from his mother.

Maybe they're right? Maybe they're wrong? Who knows?

But the only power he truly has is the strength of letting go.

Cutting Ties

"The chapter is closed, done and now it's goodbye, its goodbye for us."

Hisashi Midoriya (Dragborn) POV

The time Inko and I brought Izuku in this world, he gave us hope, he gave us joy, he gave us another new chapter to fill and memories to create. Our son means the world to us that no precious jewel can be replaced. His innocent smile is our loving treasure.

We decided to leave Equilibrium, quitting vigilantism, and collected our earnings to start a new life in Musutafu, Tokyo. We bought a small house, as well as starting up a small café business downtown. I had knowledge of crafting and making coffee way back when I worked as a part-time barista at a nearby high school before going, vigilante. At first, it was hard to manage your own business for you did not have many resources and human capital, but with the help of our connections in Equilibrium, they didn't let us go in business dilemma or worse, bankruptcy.

They brought us bags of freshly harvested green coffee beans from the rich mountains, crafting equipment, books, and other necessary materials to help our café grow. Today, it is mostly visited by students from high school, college, and even salarymen who are craving for caffeine for them to be productive at work. And yes, our coffee and pastries are selling like hotcakes!

Going back to my son, from his early youth, he is quiet and reserved, but once you know him well, later on, you'll see his true colors coming out from the inside. He loved the heroes he sees on different media. Collecting figures and watching live-action series even the program is rated 13 and above. That's good parenting, indeed. *chuckles*

He then met a friend and his name is Katsuki Bakugou. My first impression to him is a bit cocky and aggressive-type of kid that makes me question how he was raised properly by his parents, which we're family friends in the neighborhood. From the day they met until attending schools together, I only see the two as casual friends who tease each other, sharing interests, and playing at the parks with various games such as heroes' vs villains.

But sometimes, I think what kinds of friendship they have? There were times I witnessed Katsuki treating my son unfairly at school whenever I fetch him outside of the school grounds with my car or there were cases of seeing Izuku with his school uniform all stained with dirt and looking wrinkled. My wife and I asked, but he replied with the assured smile on his face.

My heart told me that he was covering, hiding something? Was he afraid of telling the truth? I wanted to ask if one of the bullies was Katsuki, but it could hurt their 'friendship'. Correction, toxic friendship...

Without hesitation, I called one of my old friends in Equilibrium and hired him as a private investigator. I told him to collect evidence at school as many as possible. Surveillance footage, photographs, testimonies from the students. I would be the first one to know everything.

Weeks had passed and my colleague came back at the cafe with sufficient data. Before he gave me the envelope, he gave me a little warning and a note not to get mad and outburst with my fire breath quirk as I have a short temper especially cases like this.

Slowly I opened the envelope alone inside the small function room, bringing out the photos one by one and later placed on the table. I sat still and looked at the photos one at a time with a serious look. A group of boys, about three to four including Katsuki cornering my son around the school corner, grounds, and even inside their classroom. To me, this was not just an ordinary teasing the normal teens do during their youth, but it was more like the brat formed a fraternity.