Green Mantra Cafe - Holiday Special

Summary: After his first day of the student exchange program, Izuku is not aware of what's happening at his family's coffee business currently staying at Heights Alliance inside the UA vicinity. He wanted to pay a visit and help the cafe, unfortunately, student duties always get in the way.

Far away from the tension that happened between Izuku and Katsuki on that day. There is one charming and hardworking team player inside the cafe where he will light up the mood of the customers in the middle of a cold, snowy night.

Author's Note: Let's pause the bad blood of Izuku and Katsuki, shall we? In this chapter, this is Touya Todoroki/Dabi's first debut in the story who is NOT a villain. I just decided to make him a normal barista guy in his mid-20's doing his job to reach the ends meet 'cuz adulting and paying bills is important to him than creating chaos in the city. This special side story happens AFTER 'Broken Bonds' chapter.

This song lyric is included there and it's titled, 'Christmas Lights' by Coldplay

xxx

At 6:00 PM, the lighting of the café automatically changed to dim, so did the ambiance of the whole slowly adjusted. Outside the windows, visible small snow flurries began to appear in the night skies thus the season of cold winter has finally come for the month of December. The café is packed mostly with high school students and a group of salarymen and women who have recently finished their responsibilities from school or work, holding warm mugs of the favorite beverage and at the same time, taking bites of their freshly baked pastries.

The owner of the café and former vigilante, Hisashi changed something on the chalkboard stand, which includes the 'Coffee of the Night' and a 'Special Performance for Tonight'. For the drink this evening, he recommends his customers to try their limited edition 'Double Matcha Latte with Espresso shot' and 'Salted Caramel with French Vanilla'. The two can be served hot or iced, depending on the customer's preference.

While managing his café with his wife, his co-brewmaster, two other staff, and taking care of his customers, he regularly checks his son by sending messages or sometimes a call. He knew about the program his son is currently working at, but at the same time worried for his son will meet his former childhood friend.

Katsuki is one of his regular customers and usually gets his drinks, let's say about 2 to 3 times a week. Hisashi knows his favorite drink: Green robusta coffee. He once asked him if he could try other drinks, or something new, but the ash-blonde always refuses to tell him that he will not get tired of the taste and the drink gives him energy for both training and studies. He also added the drink reminds him of the day his former childhood friend unleashed his power to him back in Aldera: Strong and Bitter.

Hisashi prayed to the heavens and wished his son would accept Katsuki's redeemed personality and not thinking the past and arrogant him, because he too, already forgave him and gave him a second chance to start over again.

And to this day, he hoped the Gods will grant his request.

Once the snake-looking lines of customers at the counter have cleared, he checked the notification of his phone and it seemed his son replied on his message.

Wazzup App

Hisashi: How's my little broccoli doing? Is your first day in UA, okay? Hehe, get it? 'UA'? 'Okay'? *insert Haha emoji*

Izuku: Thanks for trying, Dad. Not funny at all...

Hisashi: Well, there's me trying to lighten up the grumpy mood of yours. Kidding aside, How's everything there?