His Choice To Make

After the ultimatum Ashley had left Josh after Raw the previous week, he had some time to himself to truly think about his relationship with not only her, but also with Gionna. He had been speaking less and less with Ashley, and more and more with Gio, so it was clear to him that not only did he feel less loved by Ashley, but at the same time, more loved by Gionna, and more than a best friend. Tonight was a mixed tag team match, with both Gionna and Ashley messaging him asking him to be their tag team partner.

Ashley: So, here's a way to assure me we're on the same page in every aspect of our lives. A mixed tag match against that little brat, Gionna and a partner of her choice. And I want you as my partner as I want you there to see me beat her to a pulp.

Gionna: So,I've just been told it's a mixed tag team match, and me and Ashley have to choose our partners. And I know it'd be kinda awkward for you, but I was kinda hoping that my partner would be... you? Because I want you to see how much I've improved my skills!

Josh was torn, between his girlfriend and his best friend. He took some time to think it over, and after seeing certain information circulating around the locker room that Ashley had chosen somebody else for her partner, so replied to both messages in different ways.

Josh (to Ashley): You do what you want, but truthfully, I don't want any part of this and don't want to be involved.

Josh: Seems to me like Ashley's made her decision on her own, so after thinking about it, if you want me as your partner, then I'll do it. We'll see how she likes it when her boyfriend is up against her...

The two agreed to meet at the arena, and as he arrived, he saw Ashley having a chat with who Josh had no doubt was her partner, which, coincidentally enough, would be Josh's Wrestlemania opponent for the United States Championship, Andrade. She saw him walk by, and tried to get his attention, but Josh simply shook his head and carried on walking to his locker room, where Gionna was waiting for him.

Gionna: Hey, bestie!

Josh: Hey, you. You're looking good tonight.

Gionna: Same goes for you. So, what did Ashley say about you being my partner?

Josh: Er... about that... I actually just told her I want no part of what goes on between you two in the ring, and I want no involvement.

Gionna: Sneaky, leave them guessing. I like it!

Josh: And I'm pretty much certain that her partner is my future opponent for the US title at Mania, Andrade, cos I saw them chatting away en route to here.

Gionna: Well, tonight's gonna be interesting to say the least...

Soon enough, it was time for the match and after Ashley had made her entrance, with next to no reaction from the crowd, she spoke on the mic.

Ashley: Liv Morgan... wow, little Liv Morgan. The Royal Rumble, you got lucky, but last week, in that No Disqualification match, you made things personal. And I know you have nobody to help you tonight in our mixed tag, whereas I have enlisted the help of a certain 'El Idolo'...

And out came Andrade, accompanied by Garza and Zelina, proudly holding the United States Championship above his head to a chorus of boos, coming to the ring and shaking Ashley's hand.

Zelina: Livvy?! If you're watching this, there's one last women's Elimination Chamber spot up for grabs, and next week, I hereby challenge you for it - that is... unless you're worried you won't survive tonight!

As everyone in the ring laughed, Gionna's time was now. She heard every word and came out to the ramp, with a look in her eye that could kill anyone.