Hungry For More

The Raw after Wrestlemania was always going to be big, and this year was no exception. At the start of the show, all the champions on Raw were called to the ring by Triple H, along with all the Raw roster.

Hunter: Now, all of you guys must be anxious to find out what I have planned. Well, to start with, there will be a gauntlet match to determine the number one contender for the new Raw Women's Champion, Liv Morgan at Backlash.

All the ladies licked their lips in anticipation of who would get the first crack at the new champ, who felt a slight tickle in her ear.

Josh: I reckon you'll be facing Kairi...

Gionna: That's something I would love...

Hunter: We will also have a battle royal to see who will challenge Josh Stevens for the United States Championship come Backlash.

Josh: And to the boys in the match, I for one, cannot wait to see who will challenge me...

Hunter: Now for the Raw Tag Team Champions, The Viking Raiders. To see just how much you want to prove yourselves and defend those belts, you'll be putting the belts on the line tonight against 2 teams you've never faced before...

Out came the first team, of Zack Gibson and James Drake, the Grizzled Young Veterans. They did the title motion, while the second team made their arrival, the GYV's biggest rivals, of Tyler Bate and Trent Seven, Moustache Mountain. They stared down Drake and Gibson, before also staring down the current champions, in the ring. And after all that, the new WWE Champion, Drew McIntyre, made a statement.

Drew: And as for me, I also intend to be a fighting champion, which is why I will officially be issuing an open challenge for this WWE Championship, so whoever wants a piece of me... come and get it!

And yet another NXT star would make his debut, as Dominik Dijakovic then came out and pointed straight at Drew, and the WWE Championship.

Hunter: Well, now that every champion will have to take notice tonight... Natalya and Kairi Sane, you two will kick off the gauntlet match, so let's get the referee out here and get things started!

As everyone started to head back to the locker room, Josh and Gionna walked back hand in hand, with their titles draped over their shoulders. They got backstage to watch the gauntlet, by which time Nattie had eliminated Kairi and Asuka had taken her friend's place.

Josh: Look at us - ruling over Raw as the Raw Women's Champ, and as the new US Champion!

Gionna: There's nobody else I'd rather do this with, that's for sure.

Josh: Agreed - and since we're now together again for good and proper, and since after last night's antics where I may have suffered a slight shoulder niggle from the ladder dive, I'm not gonna be wrestling at all this week. Sooo... I was wondering if you wanted to go on a proper date on Thursday or something.

Gionna: There is nothing I would like more, especially since I'm not in action until next week, against Kairi.

Josh: A very winnable match, in my opinion.

They watched on as now Lana and Zelina Vega went head to head, after Nattie had eliminated Kairi, Ashley eliminated Nattie, and Lana pulled off a massive upset by pinning Ashley. Zelina was the second to last competitor, and after she got the pin on Lana with her double knees, out came the final woman, Bianca Belair. Zelina was on one knee, offering up the challenge, but in a split second, she quickly hit the K.O.D to get the win and become number one contender.

Gionna: Now my match at Backlash just got more interesting.

Josh: That was certainly a big surprise... Nevertheless, a good first opponent.