Chapter 3 - The Girl

Wednesday

Wednesday

Senn calmed down a bit after his friends stopped asking him about his secretive behavior. It was mostly Avan who caused them to change subjects for a while; telling the rest that Senn wasn't acting weird, because he simply was weird. Senn was fine with that. They laughed over it, and moved on, enabling him to breathe again.

"That chick in senior year," Lucas asked, right before taking a swag from his beer. "The one with long blonde hair who always wears bright colored jeans. She's hot."

"Dude, yes!" Avan called out enthusiastically. "That ass bro, it's amazing."

"Those colors make it stand out even more." Lucas nodded. "I'd do her if I could."

They both turned to Senn in unison, clearly asking for his approval of the girl. Senn knew exactly who they meant; Jessica. A girl with long blonde hair, skinny, always wearing bright colors. She was one year above them and they hardly ever crossed paths. But everyone knew Jessica, because of the bright colors she wore, and how well she could get away with it.

"What?" Senn asked, pulling up an eyebrow. He took a drag from the joint they were sharing while staring at them.

"The chick? Don't you think she's hot?"

"Dude, she's my cousin. That's sick," Senn said, laughing as soon as their smiles dropped, and they shared a look of disbelief.

"No way." Lucas shook his head. "She cannot be your cousin."

"Yeah, so stop ogling her ass, or I might stab your eyes out."

"Wow, protective much?" Avan leaned over to steal the joint, smirking at him. "Why don't you introduce her to us?"

Senn shrugged a shoulder. It wasn't like he actually knew her that well. They saw each other about once a month, and Jessica never exchanged a word with either him or Killian. She did babysit Liam every so often, but that was about as far as their mutual activities went. They had nothing in common, and they had simply silently agreed to not bother each other in school.

"Why not? Am I not good enough to become family?" Avan pushed him to answer differently—or in any way at all.

"I don't know her that well. But I know her well enough to know that she's my cousin and, dude, gross."