Chapter 6 - Don't leave

Saturday

Saturday

Senn threw the book he was reading as hard as he possibly could, aiming to hit his brother Killian in his face and maybe smack some sense into his head. "You're a traitor, fuck off."

"Senn, seriously..." Killian stood helplessly after catching the book. "Don't throw mom's books. You'll regret it later."

"I'm not listening to you anymore," Senn glared at him, contemplating on what to throw next. Killian was right, he would regret throwing his mom's books. "You just gonna leave me like every-fucking-one."

"Senn, come on. You knew I had to go back to school one day. You knew it was going to happen." Killian stepped further into the room, his eyes landing on the piles of boxes that decorated one corner of the room.

Senn knew what he was thinking, and what he was possibly going to say. He hadn't done anything to turn this room into his room. And why would he? This was not his room, nor was it ever going to be. Not really.

The walls had been painted white—a blank canvas as his aunt so cheerfully told him every day—and the floor had been thoroughly cleaned and waxed before they turned the former office into an extra bedroom for Senn. That's really all there was; white walls, a shiny hardwood floor, a bed and a nightstand.

And about a dozen moving boxes filled with clothes and school supply.

Some boxes were opened, since Senn did need clothes. But that was all that was visible as a sign of his presence; clothes scattering the floor and on the boxes.

There were only three items he had unpacked ever since he had come home from hospital about five weeks ago. His dad's magic 8 ball that he had occasionally used when making decisions, while his mother's engagement ring was safely tied into the strings that were part of a leather bracelet that belonged to his grandfather. Lastly, Liam's favorite pacifier was on his nightstand.

Well, that, and the books he had claimed three weeks ago. Killian had been about to sell them or give them away, but he couldn't let that happen. Which meant that another corner of the room was filled with three large crates full of books.

But again, he wasn't planning on unpacking anything, let alone decorate the room.

"You should really do something with this—"

"I don't want to hear it. I'm not gonna, and I don't give a fuck what you think because you're a traitor. Go, fuck off to college. Leave me alone in this messed up hell."

"Seriously, you can't expect me to stay with you forever. You have got to try and move on with your life. I know it's tough, but that's what Mom and Dad would've wanted."

"Fuck. You." Senn jumped up from his bed feeling agitated. "Five fucking weeks, Ki! Five! I had five weeks to adjust. In case you don't remember, I was in fucking hospital for three months because I was there when it happened! Easy for you to say. Move on," he mockingly said, crossing his arms. "You weren't there."