Chapter 11 - Memory

Friday

Friday

Senn's plan to buy boxes to get Tessa and Dean to stop whining about his boxes had sort of backfired, resulting in a huge fight on Thursday evening.

First, the fight was solely about the fact Senn simply refused to try and feel at home, but later Tessa had cried over the fact he didn't want to feel at home, Dean became upset because nothing they had done had been good enough for Senn and Jessica had gotten involved to tell Senn to stop upsetting her parents. They then became angry over the fact Senn had been sent out of three classes in a row and skipping the other three to buy the boxes in the first place.

Eventually it had been Killian who had managed to calm things down, defending Senn in the process, telling Tessa and Dean they couldn't push him to move faster in his process of grieving by forcing him to accept things he wasn't ready to accept yet.

It was a complete shitshow, and when Senn was done with school on Friday, he didn't even want to go to their house. He didn't want to see them, possibly ending in a fight yet again, while Killian was at work until later in the evening. So, he hung out by the river with his friends, he ate at Avan's place, and he went to the park by himself, not planning on going back to their house before he was too tired to stay up.

Maybe he would even go to the treehouse and stay out for an entire night. He didn't care what they would think if he did. It wasn't like they were his parents. No, his parents would've never let him stay away for so long without calling him to ask him if he was okay.

So far, he had received no calls.

So, he sat on the swing set in the park, facing the white house that he once used to call home, grabbing a diary from his backpack that he had been carrying around all day, every day, because his dad's magic 8 ball had told him it was a good idea to keep it with him.

It held memories that he wrote down himself. Memories, he simply hadn't been able to remember himself. The entries were all written during his time in hospital. The first three and a half weeks were missing, since he was either not awake and able to write, or unaware that he suffered from short memory loss.

Which is basically why they told him to keep a diary; write everything down and train his memory. But that included entries in which he described, over and over again, for days in a row, that his parents had died in the car accident that landed him in that hospital. How Liam wasn't there to cheer him up, how Killian visibly was struggling to act tough and be there for him.

There were also shorter entries that made him smirk when he read them back; 'this sucks', 'everything has gone to hell', 'the nurse is trying to poison me with Brussels sprouts'.

And one that caused him to tear up; 'I can't even remember the last time Mom and Dad told me they love me'. Which automatically led to him wondering if they would even love him still, now that he had changed so much. They didn't even know he was struggling with his sexuality, or more so, how to come out to them.