Chapter 25 - Cornered

Wednesday

Wednesday

Over the course of a few days, Senn continued to avoid Elio—especially since Joyce seemed to be glued to his side—and hung out with Lucas and Avan separately. It was actually kind of peaceful to just have two people around him, who knew he liked peace and quiet ever since he injured his head during the accident.

They spoke calmly, unless Senn himself showed enthusiasm over a particular subject; in that case they would show their enthusiasm as well—or not, if they weren't as enthusiastic as he himself was. Point was, his two best friends knew he didn't mind to sit around and be quiet for a short while either.

For about two full days, things at school felt as if they were back to normal, and Senn was enjoying every second of it while he was also wondering when it would be disturbed, and by who; Samantha, Joyce, or Elio.

Or any other idiot in their school who felt the need to step out of order.

And since they were about to hang out at Samantha's place, Senn knew he couldn't avoid Samantha or Joyce any longer. The only reason he had agreed to their hang out session at Samantha's parent's pool was because Lucas and Avan had talked about Elio being absent for whatever reason he had. He vaguely recalled Lucas mentioning Elio needed to work, but he wasn't sure.

Whatever the real reason was for him not to cling at Joyce's side, Senn was thankful for it. He couldn't stand watching them growing impossibly closer even more. Let alone from up close while hanging out with their small group of friends. In school it was easy to not look at them since there were plenty of things happening around him to distract him.

But Elio, in swim trunks, and not much distraction from him and Joyce?

No thank you.

Really, if Elio would've been planning on showing up, Senn would've probably declined Sam's invite. But now he was actually kind of excited to go and have a fun afternoon with all of his closest friends.

But before he would tag along with Lucas and Avan in the former's car, he needed a bathroom break. Neither Avan nor Lucas was in his last class of the day, so he wasn't surprised for them to text him.

Avan: Where ru? We're waiting for u

Senn typed a quick reply to tell them he went to the bathroom first, before placing the phone on the side of the sink to wash his hands. Right before he was able to grab his phone and look at Avan's reply to his own text, it was snatched from the side.

Senn turned, half and half expecting to find Avan standing next to him. "Impatient, are we?" he laughed, though his smile dropped as soon as his eyes met the bright blue eyes that belonged to none other than Elio Lark.

Eyes that looked angry and hurt.

"What the fuck did I do wrong, Senn?" He practically barked at him, voice filled with anger while he folded his arms on front of his chest, holding Senn's phone tightly.