Chapter 4 - The Boy

Friday

Friday

Senn downed a beer under loud cheering from his friends and a few bystanders that had been hanging out with them all evening. It was busy that night, causing the student house they were in to be packed with teens having a fun night out without any restrictions when it came to alcohol.

Though, it wouldn't be the first party Senn had attended that ended in getting shut down by the cops after complaints from neighbors. It all depended on the location, and tonight—in theory—it was the perfect location where nobody expected neighbors to call the cops.

Which was entirely the reason Senn was still at the party and getting drunk real fast. He knew he had already made out with Joyce, but was now giving her the silent treatment because he still wasn't okay with hooking up. She knew that whenever he was drunk or high, he was touchy.

Which was true. But she didn't have to use it to get him to kiss her. And now a guy was desperately trying to get her attention, causing her to try and hide in his arms the entire night. Eventually he had told her to back off and give him space. He hadn't seen her or Samantha ever since.

He had, however, spotted Julian in the crowd a few times already. Every time they made eye contact, Senn had to fight back a smile. One that would give away that he was way too deeply involved with Julian. One that would tell his friends that there was more to his disinterest in girls than simply not finding the right one in their school.

"Hey Mr. Reyes," Julian's voice sang into his ear, and Senn swirled around to face him. "I'm about to go home."

"Uh, okay..." Senn said lamely, while he noticed Lucas standing behind Julian, sending him an annoyed look.

"Killian still has one of my games, I need it tomorrow. If you ride with me, I can pick it up." Julian's hand slid from his back to his hip and Senn nearly yelped when he actually moved to touch his ass in public.

"I... ye-yeah, uh, I'll go, sure."

"What! Senn, no." Lucas grabbed his arm, dragging him away from Julian. "You promised to stay—"

"I never promised anything," Senn grumbled, cutting him short. "Besides, it's nearly 2 a.m. and I've been here long enough. I'm tired, Julian is the only one who lives close by. I'm leaving, okay?"