Chapter 17 - Gift

Sunday

Sunday

For the rest of the week, things had actually not been too bad around the house. Tessa and Senn hadn't talked much after she told him that his parents probably knew him better than he thought, but Senn had no idea what it exactly meant.

At least it had helped decrease tension between them, since Senn admitted that he hated having dinner with all of them because they looked like some perfect little family and he didn't feel like he fitted in because he was so angry all the time.

Tessa went as far as eating dinner with him alone; after Killian, Jessica and Dean were finished.

Senn felt relieved he had spilled some of his worries and frustrations, since it had created mutual understanding between the two of them. He had actually expected her to be pissed because he wasn't willing to play pretend with them. He had actually felt as if Tessa would feel insulted or hurt over him pushing her away, telling her he didn't want her to take his mother's place.

None of that happened, and Tessa hadn't even gotten mad when he gave up on school on Friday yet again, unable to focus any longer. She had sat him down in the living room, gave him a fruit juice and cookies and later asked him to help her fold laundry.

All was... okay.

At least, that was until he came home from hanging out at Avan's place on Sunday. He dumped his bike at the back of the garage, after noticing a car on the driveway that he hadn't seen before. It wasn't too big, but it looked brand new.

Was there some sort of social worker visiting them, perhaps because Senn wasn't attending school enough? But they wouldn't visit on Sunday, would they?

He nervously entered the house through the back, walking into the kitchen while his eyes searched the room.

"Tessa?" Senn called out, walking into the living room, where he found her on the couch with a book and a cup of tea. Nothing seemed as if he was in trouble, which made sense since it was in fact still Sunday and nobody would bother them on Sunday, unless it'd be cops, right?

"Hey Senn," Tessa replied, smiling while putting the book aside. "Had fun with your friends?"

"Uh, yeah," Senn nodded, looking out of the window with a frown. Not that it was any of his business, but he was curious about the sudden car. Most of Jessica's friends parked out on the street, and Killian wasn't even home from work yet.

"Senn?" Dean's voice sounded behind him, causing him to jump. "Tessa and I have been talking about this ever since you started school again," Dean placed an arm around his shoulder, and dragged him back outside; through the front door and towards the car, followed by Tessa.

"What?"

"We figured now that you're going out again, you know, school, friends, maybe sports once you're allowed and capable..."