Chapter 1⃣3⃣

Santo's POV
Damn, he looks pissed, I think as I walk through my office door. I set the food down on the table and put on a smile. "Sorry I took so long, I went to visit my mom." I say. "Oh, ok." Jacob says looking at me all upset. I walk around and sit in my chair. As I bend down to my shoe I notice my bottom drawer open. I drop my laces and sit up. I give Jacob a stern look and his expression flickers to guilt for a quick second but then back to angry. "Were you loo-" I begin before he cuts me off. "I was, I was wrong for that, I know. I'm sorry for snooping, but I'm kinda glad I did." Jacob says. "Lets be truthful to ourselves Chresanto. What is this? This thing going on between us. Are we together or... What is it?" he says. "I don't know" I say in all honesty. "Perfect. Well I can't get mad about this if we're not together." he says folding his arms. "Get mad about what?" I ask. He shifts his eyes to my desk at the paper in front of me. Melina's birth certificate. I open my mouth in attempt to explain myself but nothing comes out. "Why did you lie?" He simply asks. "I didn't want to drive you away, or have you judging me." I say.

Jacob's POV
"I would never judge you Santo, I love you. And I love kids, it wouldn't have bothered me anyway." I tell him. "Why did oh lie to me?" I ask "I really don't know. I just didn't wanna scare you away." he says looking me in my eyes. "You could never scare me away Santo." I say as walk behind his desk and hug him tight. "How old is she?" I ask. "She is 4, I think. I've never even seen her up close, only pictures." Santo says tearing up. I look up at him and wipe his tears. "My dad is a lawyer, he can help you win full custody." I say trying to reassure him. "Thank you." he says tightening our hug. Eventually we let go and sit down.
Santo's POV
I think Jacob might be the one, he cares so much. Sometimes it feels like he was made just for me. I sit there deep in my thoughts until something pops in my head. I turn to Jacob with a smirk on my face. "So you love me?" I say with my eyebrows raised. He turns a light shade of red and does a nervous chuckle. "Did I say that?" He says. I laugh at him and nod my head. "N-nope, I don't think-" he try's to say as I cut him off. "Yea you did." I say still laughing. "W-well I meant..". He says trying to figure out an excuse. "I know what you meant Jacob." I say. "I ju-" I cut him off again. "And it's okay, because I love you too." I say grabbing his hand. "You do?" He asks. "Yea, I knew that since our first session. Sometimes you just know, and I knew about you the day we met." I say. He smiles and kisses me. "Yea, I do love you. Don't keep secrets from me and this will work." I nod my head and kiss him again. "I won't, and as soon as I get to see my daughter then you can come and meet her." I say squeezing his hand.
Jacob and Santos POV(thoughts)
I'm so glad I met him. He means a lot to me and it's only been about a month. I really do think he's the one for me. I mean he has to be. It feels like he was put on this Earth just for me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow😭😭 so sweet...
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I did.
50 votes
OR
10 comments to continue
Please go read my story Triumph Through the Struggles, I'll be updating that today.

Follow me on ig
@imnotamindlessfanimtm