••• 20 •••

TW: mentions of suicide

IT TOOK me around an hour to figure out how to drive Danny's car. I cursed myself for never learning before and relying on the Shelbys to drive me around. I had to stop every fifteen minutes to ask passersby for directions back to Small Heath, as I had never been in Solihull before. They gave me weird looks when they saw how bruised and bloody my face was, and some even refused to speak to me, but a quick flash of Danny's gun and they were keen to help me out.

Over an hour later, I finally recognised the streets I was driving down as I arrived on Watery Lane. Parking the car and taking a breath, I stepped out, ignoring the looks the neighbours were giving me as I made my way to the Shelby residence.

The front door was unlocked, and I heard voices inside as I walked to the meeting room. When I opened the door, John was the first to look at me. "Lex," He breathed out, standing up from his seat at the table as his eyebrows furrowed. I wanted him to hold me, but I knew he couldn't. I noticed that everyone was present, even Cara.

Even Salvatore.

I took out Danny's gun and held it up to him, my finger hovering over the trigger as I spoke. "He was working with Cruz, Tommy." I said, my hands shaking as I aimed at his head. "That's how they knew about the racetrack. That's what he came here for."

Everyone's eyes were wide as they stared at me, as they had most likely assumed I was dead by now. My appearance was ghastly, too, as I had no time to clean myself up. Wearing nothing but a coat and some trousers, with a mixture of the Cruz brothers' and my blood coating my face and hair, and a swollen eye I could barely see out of. I must have looked like a crazy person.

"Alex," Tommy said, standing up and holding out his hand. "Put the gun down."

"I told them everything, Ally," Salvatore said calmly, confusing me. "I told them the truth."

Slowly lowering the gun, I let out a shaky breath. "And which truth was that?"

He looked down, faking a look of concern. "They know about your mother, Ally. They know it was you who killed her."

I brought the gun back up and aimed it at his smug face, narrowing my eyes as I shouted, "If you say I killed her one more time I'll put a fuckin' hole in your head!"

"Alex, put the fuckin' gun down," Tommy ordered, his eyes glaring at me.

I frowned, confused as to why he was being so calm when learning about Salvatore's betrayal. "Tommy, he was working for Cruz. He- he came to the house. Him and Lorenzo," I explained, slowly putting my gun down nonetheless. "You can't trust him- he only came to Small Heath to kill me."

"You're right," Salvatore said, nodding slowly. "At first, I was angry enough to kill you. But now, I just pity you. You're deranged, Alexandra. You always have been. You convinced yourself that you were innocent in your mother's death, and then you came here and lied to all these people, tricking them into trusting you. You need help."

"Go fuck yourself!" I yelled, looking around at everyone. Polly, Ada, Finn and Arthur were averting my eyes, while John's were on me. He had a solemn look on his face, while his wife gave me a fearful stare. I shook my head with disbelief at their silence. "Do you all fuckin' believe him?"

"Once I saw you, I knew I couldn't kill my own child," Salvatore put so much fake emotion into words that even I almost believed him. "Not even after what you did to your mother."

My eyes moved to Tommy, who was intently staring at me. I felt sick to my stomach as my eyebrows furrowed. "Tommy... Do you believe him?"

"I knew I couldn't kill you, but that doesn't mean I can bare to look at you," Salvatore said, his eyes trained on me. "I told Tommy that if he wants to carry on selling my cocaine, then he has to get rid of you."